Everyone should use a password manager. And you shouldn't need to pay for a good one!
SamuraiSafe is a password manager for macOS and iOS. It stores your passwords and other private information securely, generates unique passwords for each website or service, and synchronises across your devices. It allows you to easily login to websites and mobile apps without sharing passwords.
SIMPLE AND SECURE
• Highly secure yet easy to use, supports password security best practice.
• Your private safe key is never stored or transmitted anywhere.
AES-256 encryption with secure hash (HMAC) to detect tampering or corruption.
• Automatic clipboard clear and safe locking.
• Automatic password safe backup.
GENERATE & AUDIT PASSWORDS
• Generate strong passwords (random characters or random words).
• Password strength is shown for all passwords.
• Filter based upon password age or password strength, locate shared passwords.
EASY TO USE
• Password Autofill, Touch ID and Face ID.
• Drag and drop username/password/url (iPad) or cut/paste.
• Choice of web browser, split view (iPad).
• Complete documentation.
SYNC TO MULTIPLE DEVICES
• iCloud sync between iPhone/iPad/Mac.
• iTunes sync to a iPhone/iPad.
• Store any textual information: credit card numbers, pin codes, account numbers.
• Each entry may have an arbitrary length secure note.
• Create multiple password safes.
• Create groupings.
• Maintain a history of previously used passwords.
• SamuraiSafe is totally free to use on both MacOS and iOS.
• Everyone should use a password manager. And it shouldn't be necessary to pay for a good one.
STABLE AND MATURE
• SamuraiSafe has been in the App Store since 2013.
For details on SamuraiSafe’s security design philosophy see safe.samarama.net
• Updates for iOS 16.
• New SamuraiSafe Tips in Settings.
• Long press on notes field permits part selection and copy (until another item is viewed). Clipboard timeout applies.
If you are having any problems using SamuraiSafe - please let me know. If you find SamuraiSafe useful, please submit a review.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent password keeper
I’ve been using this application for several years and it does an excellent job storing and syncing passwords between my devices. Highly recommend!
I downloaded this app a couple of days ago and I love it it’s easy to use and want I like about it you click on the website and drag your username and password and you logged in I love, I have been search around for a password app to store your passwords and I found it it’s a great app and the best thing about it you don’t have to pay for nothing it’s free and you don’t have to be bother with annoying ads, the only thing you have to do just download the app, and start storing you passwords and passcodes it’s awesome I use this app just about everyday and you don’t have to worry about trying to remember passwords and username ID because it’s there, just only one thing I wish it had icons, but other than that the app is great, I recommend that you download this app for storing passwords, you won’t be disappointed.
Pretty useless app
Don't bother down loading this app as I found it to be pretty useless and did not work properly
Developer Response ,
Hi TravelHero. The early versions of SamuraiSafe were read-only on iOS (built on the assumption your safe was created and maintained on macOS). The current version is fully stand alone maintaining either local or iCloud safes.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Rourke
- 4.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2022 Michael Rourke