Algebra Tiles are visual tools that help students understand manipulating expressions and equations.
Algebra Tiles let students experiment with solving problems using both an algebraic and geometric approach.
Teachers can create problems and save them to show to students later.
This app lets students use tiles in several ways:
• Students can drag tiles out and see the value of what they have placed.
• Drag the same type of tiles on top of one another to group them together.
• Double tap a tile to make it negative.
• Introduces the idea of parenthesis and subtracting a group of tiles.
• Students can compare two expressions to see if one is bigger than the other.
• Students work to find the value that makes two expression equal.
• Learn how to multiple two numbers. (Start with length and width and find the area)
• Extends mathmatical model of multiplication to a geometric idea.
• Learn how to factor an expression. (Start with an area and find the Length and Width)
Students, Teachers, and Parents: we would love to hear your feedback to make this app a great tool to use at home and in the classroom!
iOS 9 & 10 Support
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but...
I would like the app to make tiles disappear when placing opposites on top of each other. Also a feature to circle and write on the mat with my finger.
With these improvements the app would be the best in the market.
Needs erase button/labels
This is an overall good app and I like that the tiles are "magnetic". But, it would be helpful to have an erase button. It would also be helpful if the tiles were labeled.
The xy tile wants to only be placed a certain direction. It needs to be placed either way to fit. Please fix.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.