The Purdue Perennial Doctor app has been developed by experts at Purdue University to help people better identify and manage insect, disease and environmental problems you find on your herbaceous, perennial landscape plants, from anemone to yarrow, to name but a few of the more than 100 commonly planted perennials in the Midwest. Landscape professionals and garden center personnel can use this app to improve communication with their customers.
Information in this app is useful in the Midwestern and Eastern United States.
* Identify flower problems by matching damaged plant parts to over 600 high-resolution photos.
* Check diagnoses with detailed descriptions of damage and stages of problem development linked to each photo.
* Get the latest unbiased recommendations from Purdue University experts on how to manage over 150 flower problems on over 100 kinds of flower.
* Search information by flower or by pest.
- App now works natively with iPad.
- Spring 2016 Content Update.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very helpful app!
I had a problem with both my hostas and daylilies. Standing in my garden, I compared the app photos to my plants. Very quickly I determined the problem and how to address it. That alone was worth the $0.99 to me!
This app is written by two leading experts in plant pathology and entomology. So you’re getting top-notch information in a package format that is really easy to use. You get excellent photos and really good summaries and control suggestions. In many cases, disease symptoms look the same regardless of host so to not have every host/disease photo included is not that big a deal. This has been quite helpful to me several times already.
Purdue Perennial Doctor
Everything from the pest, damage caused, plants affected, weather good or bad pest, and their control. Id of the problem or disease is easy by searching parts of plants or by name. Everything I was looking for to help me with garden problems. Pictures are closeups of the disease or pest. I was not disappointed, and will purchase their other apps.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.