Vesper is a simple and elegant tool for collecting notes, ideas, things to do — anything you want to remember. Organize your notes whatever way comes naturally to you, without complications. Vesper's focus is on how it feels to use.
• Use tags to group related notes.
• Attach photos.
• Drag and drop notes to reorder them — move important ones up, other ones down.
• Swipe a note to send it to the archive. Out of sight, but remembered forever.
• Keep notes backed up with Vesper Sync.
Q Branch is closing down, and Vesper will no longer be developed. Here’s what that means for you, as a Vesper user:
• You can no longer create new sync accounts.
• The sync server will go offline, permanently, at 8:00 PM Pacific on August 30, 2016.
• Upon shutdown, we will be destroying all sync data on our server. It will not be recoverable by us or anyone else. IMPORTANT: The notes and data stored by Vesper on your device will not be destroyed — only the data on the sync server.
• Vesper itself will be removed from the App Store on September 15.
• Vesper now has an Export feature. You’ll find it at the bottom of the sidebar. You do not need a sync account to export your notes. You can export to iCloud Drive, Dropbox (if you have Dropbox installed on your iOS device), or any other destination provided by an app with a Document Provider extension.
• Each note is exported to a plain text file. Images are exported as well.
We three at Q Branch — Dave, John, and Brent — are greatly appreciative of everyone who has used and said good things about Vesper. We love this app. But the time has come to say goodbye. We thank you, sincerely, for your support and enthusiasm.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app that I used quite often. Elegant interface and easy to use, it ultimately fell short by not having a Mac version and then being beaten to that punch by Apple itself and its Notes program. Q Branch should be proud of their work. Satisfied customer.
Sorry To See This One Go
Even though Vesper is no longer supported, it’s a beautiful alternative to iOS Notes, which has about as much typographic and aesthetic sense as a bag of rocks. Vesper has many subtle touches that make using it more satisfying than the average “bear” and without sticking its snout into your privacy. Love the name and the icon, for starters. The subtle animations when changing screens shows a real flair for nuanced design. While I’ve run into a bit of crashing and locking up on iPhone X when copying and pasting anywhere but the end of a document that already contains text, Vesper is still robust enough to use. Here’s hoping the developers are well and happy. Sorry to see this one go. Here’s hoping it holds up for a while through iOS updates.
Tags & photos
Fast, simple, pretty. Tags handled really well, with one truly horrible exception: when there's a photo in a note, tags disappear. Start with a photo? No way to add a tag, as far as I can tell. Start with text, then add a photo? Same thing. Start with text and tags, then add a photo? I can still find the note by tag, by once I'm in the note, I can't neither see the tags nor change them.
This app is at end of life, so I have little hope of a fix. It really makes the app useless to me.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Q Branch, LLC
- 7.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Q Branch LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.