Medrills: Primary Assessment
The Paramedic and EMT task of Primary Trauma Assessment is fully illustrated using 3D graphics and interactive exercises to reinforce key learning concepts. This lesson includes: Forming a scene size-up, identifying immediate life threats, assessment of both a responsive and unresponsive patient, and initial assessment of a patient's airway, breathing, and circulation.
Medrills, presented by ArchieMD, provides compelling training material for preventive and general medical tasks such as obtaining IV access, performing CPR, or using an AED. The app is dedicated to an individual medical task and includes:
1. An instructional animation providing a deep understanding of the medical task.
2. Training with interactive exercises which enable practicing the task to prepare for assessment.
3. In app purchase of $1.99 for a testing section to evaluate the user’s knowledge and skill of a task. Score above 85% with no critical task failures to receive a certificate for nationally recognized 1.5 CEH credit hour certified by CECBEMS.
NOTE – IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CEH CREDIT HOURS AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $1.99 MUST BE MADE AS AN IN-APP PURCHASE. USERS WHO DO NOT PURCHASE THE CEH AND TESTING MODE MAY VIEW THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO AND TRAINING MODE BUT WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN A CECBEMS ACCREDITED COURSE.
CECBEMS verifies that sound education principles have been demonstrated in the development of this educational offering as evidenced by the review of its objectives, teaching plan, faculty, and program evaluation processes. CECBEMS does not endorse or support the actual opinions or material content as presented by the speaker(s) and/or sponsoring organization.
Ratings and Reviews
Not what I thought...
I thought this app was going to test my primary assessment by giving scenarios and testing that way. Instead this app just tests you on the order of the primary assessment steps and if you know the difference with AVPU patients. Would not have spent the initial $3.99 then additional $1.99 for "testing" if I had known this from the beginning.
The positive about this app is that it's up-to-date and the graphics and sounds are decent.
- ArchieMD Inc
- 61.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © ArchieMD Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Primary Assessment: Testing &1.5 CEH Basic Credit Certificate $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.