FIRST 90 DAYS FREE for new users: APDL is the one and only airline pilot logbook app. Pilot logbook, comprehensive up to the minute legality calculations with complete 14 CFR Part 117 coverage, duty time management, crew tracking, schedule importing, reports, alerts, data everywhere sync and much more. Export flights easily on APDL.net for simple import into Logbook Pro.
- APDL Toolkit makes schedule importing seamless with Safari browser integration
- Advanced Commute Tools
- Comprehensive Flight Search for Deadheading
- Automatic Schedule Importing for FLICA users
- Extensive legality integration including What-If dynamic legality computations
- Default Rest Facility support
- Exportable reports available in app and on APDL.net. Use macOS handoff to display a report on your device and then open the report in your default browser in macOS
- Latest Available Takeoff Time (LATT) with planned taxi, estimated time enroute, planned taxi in times (add related Status Board widget as desired)
- FAR 1.1 Flight time support
- Color coded legality and projected delay information for real time status
- Duty and rest charts and detail including color coded progress bars
- Schedule and Calendar views for month view duty review and navigation, tap to add duty
- Automatic resume generation
- Data everywhere sync with automatic and included online backup
- Familiar trip sheet format with intuitive information at a glance in the format airline pilots know and love. View gates, turn times, aircraft change indicators, and projected delays
- Customizable Status Board allows you to add/remove widgets per duty phase
- Cloud resources automatically retrieve gates, aircraft, and OOOI data making logging seamless
- Extensive LEG resources for EDCT, diagrams, and more
- Hotel management and van/shuttle departure alerts
- iOS integrated alerts keep you on top of changes and legality
- Use Touch/Face ID for app security
- iOS Calendar App sync
- CrossCheck data validator monitors your entries for accuracy and completeness
- Weather map with planned and actual overlays, tappable endpoints for weather and FAA delay info
- Automatic night calc
- Extensive settings for complete control and customization
- Advanced search
- Data is tied to your airline/employer with archive capability
- On Time performance
- Extensive and informative Payroll and Summary views
- Color coded "lozenges" help to quickly identify status
- Included schedule importer with over 200 supported airline formats, time zone support, and export functionality
- Automatic duty adjustments based on report/release configurations
- View weather forecast in Schedule and Calendar views
- Aircraft photos synced across devices
- EDCT Status Board Widget
Subscriptions do not auto-renew. In-app purchases will be charged to your iTunes Account. Subscription terms and pricing may be found in the My Account area in the app.
APDL is a registered trademark of NC Software, Inc.
NEW USERS install and use FREE FOR 90 DAYS. This major update of "APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook" contains significant improvements for pilots on reserve and pilots that don’t routinely use Check Schedules or Schedule Import.
- Various UI formatting improvements for iOS 13.
- Predefined Reserve Availability Periods.
- Create custom RAP periods to match your Airline’s specific report times.
- Single tap from the Schedule or Calendar views to Log a flight.
- Tap on a RAP period to change times are add a flight.
- Long-press shortcut actions Import Trip, Copy/Paste, and View Trip Sheet, Open in Map, and Copy Route improve app navigation.
- Long-press on Calendar and Schedule days to display shortcut menu.
- Long-press shortcut menu items also added to flight widgets in Status Board, and flight rows in Trip View.
- Estimated Takeoff Time and Estimated Taxi Out time inputs added to Latest Available Takeoff Time Calculator for more precise schedule estimates.
- References to Reserve (SCR) changed to Short Call Reserve (SCR).
- LATT calculation improved when a RAP period is defined.
- §117.21.b.3-4 RAP and FDP added to Projected Mode.
- Only show missing Aircraft if there are other missing items in crosscheck leg.
- Planned Route on all maps show actual filed flight plan, points no longer smoothed.
- Fix issue where Aircraft couldn’t be created from Aircraft picker when opened from Leg editor
- Fix crash when prompted to set Airline if not set
We hope you enjoy and continue enjoying APDL, The ONLY Logbook for Airline Pilots with full and correct CFR 117 coverage. Please refer your fellow airline pilots, crewmembers, and you can even easily refer them from the bottom section of the COMMUNICATION menu area. Be sure to submit your reviews and if you have any questions or suggestions please post in our community forums at https://forums.nc-software.com.
Thank you and fly safe.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So I came back to this app... but still not happy!
This app is great for airline pilots and FAR 117. It does not however have turnkey ability to sync to logbook pro. This has been very frustrating. For the money, I should not have to manually transfer my hours between programs. When will this happen? I know it was never promised but you have another app that does sync with logbook. It can’t be that hard. I would be willing to pay more if it did. Just no it’s a great app but if you have a digital logbook and it’s logbook pro be prepared headaches. It’s a lot of money for the amount of work still required on the user end. And yes I did update my rant previously posted.
Good, but could be better
It’s a bit convoluted at the moment. It’s hard to say whether it’s the fault of how overly complicated part 117 regulations are, or whether it’s the design of the app. Right now, it’s pretty difficult to just come up with a simple latest wheels up time. Also, the section to keep track of pay is of no use, since it has been horribly inaccurate for me. As a portable log book though, once I finally figured out how to sync with logbook pro, it works really well. If they come up with an easy button to sync with Logbook pro, it’ll be perfect for me.
The other bells and whistles are nice, but it’s almost trying to do too much. It’s a bit of a Jack of all trades, master of none situation. If I’m getting close to my drop dead time, I end up wasting so much time trying to interpret what this app is telling me so I usually just give up and use the ALPA 117 calculator instead. A lot of that could probably be solved by reading up or browsing the forums, but honestly we shouldn’t have to do that with a smartphone app. Focus on making a simple user interface before adding features and this will end up as the best logbook/part 117 tracker out there.
Doesn’t live up to the promise
Split duties have to be hand built. Tedious process that takes too much time for those who are scheduled for multiple split duties in their schedule. The Part 117 compliance check doesn’t recognize that split duties can be fit back to back to fit within 6 calendar days (5 nights in a row), so it flags it as a 117 violation. There should be an override for the user to double check flagged duty limits and allow the user to clear it as good, just in case the app’s algorithm is unable to account for circumstances the programmers couldn’t anticipate.
Overall not as intuitive or user friendly as it should be. You’re going to have to watch the videos and read the material to learn how to use it, but instruction videos and reading material isn’t comprehensively outlined, so you’ll spend a couple hours using google to search for an answer, only to finally realize that the reason you can’t find the answer is because the app isn’t capable of performing the function you thought it could or ought to able to do.
Last, this doesn’t synch to logbook pro automatically and you’ve got to use a data file to transfer. A company should be able to synch between its own apps.
- NC Software, Inc.
- 158.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 NC Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- APDL 30 Days $12.99
- APDL 3 Months $39.99
- APDL 6 Months $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.