** NetSpot Awards: 4.5/5 App Store user rating, MacWorld Editors’ Choice Award 2012, Editors’ Choice by PCMAG, 4+ stars CNET Editors’ Rating, 9/10 stars by AppStorm, and more! **
Collect data about WiFi networks, create WiFi site surveys, map out realistic WiFi coverage, analyze your WiFi with 12+ interactive visualizations, and fix WiFi issues!
Installing a WiFi network isn't always easy. Interference from neighboring wireless networks and radio noise from electronic devices can cause serious connection problems. While you can overcome those by trial and error, there's a much better solution: NetSpot PRO WiFi scanner is here for you!
NetSpot PRO is a WiFi analyzer app allowing you to get all the necessary details about WiFi networks around, measure WiFi signal strength, locate WiFi interference issues, analyze and troubleshoot your wireless coverage. NetSpot PRO WiFi analyzer offers advanced visualizations and powerful reporting features. WiFi heatmap visualizations include:
* Signal-to-noise ratio
* Signal level
* Signal-to-interference ratio
* Quantity of access points
* Noise level
* Frequency Band Coverage
* PHY Mode Coverage
* Wireless Transmit Rate
* Iperf TCP/UDP
* Download Speed
* Upload Speed
NetSpot PRO features:
* Support of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi standards and 2.4GHz + 5GHz channel bands
* Advanced customizable export of your survey projects
* Unlimited number of APs can be visualized simultaneously
* 50 zones per project, 50 snapshots per zone, 500 data points per heatmap
* Super-flexible grouping of APs by SSID, channel, etc., plus custom group creation
* Better AP management with custom aliases
* Easy detection of problem areas in your wireless network and improvement recommendations
* No special knowledge required: simple and fast wireless data analysis
NetSpot PRO is the perfect WiFi analyzing and troubleshooting tool for IT and network administrators, wireless service providers, engineers, hardware vendors, consultants, WiFi deployment agents, SMB, homeowners and IT professionals looking to optimize their WiFi network.
Additional NetSpot PRO features:
* Active wireless site survey with download and upload speeds of the WiFi network you are connected to
* Hidden networks detection and scanning
* Configurable survey autosaving
* Predictive location of access points on heatmaps
* Detailed parameters collected about every network
To make full use of NetSpot PRO, you will need the following:
A Mac laptop or a mobile Mac desktop computer with macOS 10.13 and up on board
Our knowledgebase: https://www.netspotapp.com/help/
Compare features: https://www.netspotapp.com/appstore
* The list of supported router vendors has been expanded.
* NetSpot survey projects created with the mobile version can now be opened and analyzed with the desktop version
* Some visual issues with the preferences toolbar have been resolved.
* The iperf3 support has been added.
Ratings and Reviews
Latest Update is Totally Broken
Tyring to do discovery and I get:
"An error occurred whil scanning
Would you like to try again?
The operation couldnt be completed. Resource busy
Scanning will be resumed automatcially after x sec."
Repeat and fail!
Restarting the app and even rebooting helps nothing. So, what kind of regression tests do you perform before rolling out a new version?
Can not create a new survey, so it’s useless. Refund requested
I had used the free version without active scanning for some time and wanted to upgrade.
When I brought up NetSpot Reporter, there were no menu entries or buttons to start a new survey, and the older surveys I had created with the free app could not switch on the active scanning. So as far as I could tell, it’s pretty useless as is. I wish it had worked as I would like to be able to measure download speeds.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thank you for your comments. If you have any questions about the app or user interface, please contact our support team at email@example.com. We'll be happy to help you.
This is not the Pro Version
I purchased this version of NetSpot thinking it was the pro version. However, this version from what I can see is missing a feature called Discovery, which does a quick survey of the area. From what I can tell that is the only feature missing. NetSpot did help me get the Pro version. What I can say is you might pay a lot more for Discovery, which lists information of APs nearby or use an alternative program like inSSIDer. For me the Dicovery feature is worth the extra. Granted it’s a lot more then what you would pay for NetSpot Wi-Fi Reporter. There are similar programs on the app store that can do what Discovery does but for my job I have to be able to troubleshoot wireless issues quickly.
My favorite feature is the ability to map download and upload. I’ve used NetSpot for the past year and I can say it has gone a long way. It shows that they are dedicated to their product and are always improving them. This program is perfect for IT professionals or tech enthusiasts. You will not be disappointed.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Etwok Inc
- 12 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Etwok, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.