Mission Planning, Coordination, Communication and GPS Navigation for those who Work and Play "Off the Grid”
Built by operators for operators, with decades of experience leading technology innovation in the field.
Focused on mobility into dismounted foot patrol operations, LEADNAV currently provides full mission packages in the form of Software, Hardware, Training and Consulting for those operating in some of the harshest conditions and environments imaginable.
Used by many, to include off-roaders, security and response teams and other Professional Organizations World Wide!
More Powerful than any other GPS on the Market!
• Plan, Organize, Coordinate and Execute Trips, Events and other Professional Operations.
• Create or Import Collections of Routes, Tracks, and Markers for different events. (Baja 1000 2019, Mining Expedition 2020)
• Share individual Routes, Tracks, and Markers amongst your Team or Group.
• Easy to use point to point Route Planning Interface. Plan your route and go!
• Drop audible warnings and non-audible Serpentine points to keep you on track.
• Record tracks to display where you have been. So you can hit the trail again or find your way back. You can also convert your tracks to routes. Track Stats for each trip.
• Highly advanced Team Location Tracking through our cellular/wifi, preprogrammed Iridium GO! units (Satellite device and our service plans) and other specialized equipment under contract.
• Reverse your routes. Hike to the top and then reverse the route to hike back down!
• Drop Markers to identify places of interest or to document the experience as you go. Vehicle, rally point, boat dock, deer, or anything else you want to find again.
• System functions on the GPX file standard
• Free online Map Sources include Bing, OpenStreetMap, USGS Satellite and USGS Topo
• Support of offline mapping options like MBTiles and overlays with our Pro Pack subscription and contracted services.
• Subscriptions allow access to additional features and maps (Mapbox Satellite, Mapbox Terrain, Mapbox Streets), and access to your own URL entry (Part of the Pro Subscription). Create, cache, and delete maps with your custom URLs. *Maps subject to change by the providers
• Offline Mapping for areas with no cellular coverage. (yearly subscriptions) Select and store desired areas of the map for offline use. Download those maps before you go in the field!
• Compatible with Bluetooth headsets and speakers for eyes free navigation. Throw your device in your pack and GO!
• Voice Prompts automatically adjust for the current speed. Siri now reads the waypoint label names as you navigate. “Big freaking rock on the left!” Get creative with the names to make the most out of your experience.
• Automatically adjusts your audible (Red) Turn Warning and (Blue) Waypoint Proximity rings based off of your current speed. Giving you the information you need when you need it.
Audio Guidance Examples:
“Slight Left in 450 meters” ...... “Slight Left”
“Danger in 500 meters” ....... "Danger"
Additional In-App Purchases: (See website for all subscription details)
- Advanced Pack Subscription (recommended for those on foot covering smaller areas)
- Pro Pack Subscription (recommended for those in vehicles covering larger areas or needing our more pro level features listed on our website)
- Recon Markers
- Hunting Markers
- Aviation Markers
• This is a high powered GPS device and requires power connectivity for prolonged use in the field.
• Mobile devices that are WiFi only do not come with an internal GPS. An external GPS will need to be used along with the application.
• The capability to save satellite maps/imagery to your device for "off the grid" use is an outside service and requires a yearly Subscription
Battery Life Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Some fixes reported by our operators in the field
- Fixed issues with the UTM coordinate format and made it easier to enter in those coordinates
- Minor bug fixes
We appreciate your feedback so please take the time and give us a review!
Ratings and Reviews
Pro licensing is unclear
Wasn’t totally clear that the 5 seat license claimed by the PRO level licensing is through Apple’s account licensing so be aware that you have to have all of your devices tied to the same appleid in order to use them. Additionally, when the automatic download of apps put the app on my iPad (after I installed it first on my iPhone), it did not recognize the license even if I tried to restore purchases. This might be a bug or quirk with the app getting auto installed on the iPad before I purchased the license. Deleting the app from the iPad and installing it again seems to have fixed the issue in case others run into the same thing. FYI on this nuance for the developer and appreciate they responded to my initial review after a few days so I’ve revised my original post.
Developer Response ,
This is Apple handled and subscriptions through Apple’s systems share between all of your devices that use your iTunes account. This way your subscription can share between your iPhone, iPad and any other device you own. There is no “time limit” on sharing these to your devices. It is handled and distributed as you update devices, get a new phone, buy another iPad, etc.
Not sure what “licensing” add-on you were expecting as again all sale and distribution is handled via Apple and through your iTunes account with them.
Pro subscriptions are priced for “you” and “your” devices, not multiple people with different iTunes accounts. Apple does not provide a distribution method for you to share your subscriptions with your buddies. Some of our race teams opt to buy “team” iPads that share one iTunes account. This is a loophole in Apples sale and distribution methods, not ours and the only way you can technically “share” a subscription.
Yes I run LEADNAV myself and have since 2014 but even with over 30,000 users and professionals utilizing LEADNAV, I do a pretty good job at answering any email sent to email@example.com or through our contact page within 24-48 hours at the most… So if you have an issue with your subscription let me know!
Throw that old Lowrance away
This app has completely changed how I plan my off road adventures. I used it for a 2500 mile Baja adventure, and was able to create daily routes from stop to stop. I do a lot of off roading in the Western US and pre plan my routes with this app. There is a learning curve, but they have great videos on their website to help. I gladly upgraded to the pro version and the $120 per year is a spit in the bucket for the function/features you receive. I raced in several Baja 1K’s and NORRA M1k. I fought with lowrance god units every time. Using an IPad is so much better, and there are SO many more features with LeadNav.
I’ve used this app for well over a year for many things. Yes mapping things out can take some time, but for me that’s not an issue. Off road courses, and rescue plans and options, the fact i can coordinate with other units using this app and be able to see them as well is great. Being able to leave notes on destination or warming/ caution markers is awesome. All around love the app as well as my team loves to use it as well. I work rescue from a busy metro city all the way out to the middle of no where and this app had never left me not knowing where I’m going.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LeadNav Systems LLC
- 139.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 LeadNav Systems LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Subscription (1 Year) $69.99
- Pro Pack Subscription (1 Year) $249.99
- Recon Markers $4.99
- Pro Pack Yearly $249.99
- Advanced Pack Yearly $69.99
- Advanced to Pro Upgrade $179.99
- Hunting Markers $4.99
- Advanced Pack (1Year Subscription) - Map to Advanced Upgrade $19.99
- Aviation Markers $4.99
- Map to Pro Upgrade $199.99