Wordini is a new kind of search tool: it remembers the words you forget. Imagine you're at a party or writing a novel. There's a really apropos word on the tip of your tongue, but you can't quite remember it. Wordini has you covered there, whispering answers like a digital Cyrano de Bergerac in your inarticulate times of need. You can think of it like a reverse dictionary: give it a phrase or definition that describes the word and Wordini will work its magic. And speaking of magic, you can get answers from Wordini on your Apple Watch simply by speaking a phrase or question.
• Ask Wordini for words by describing them in plain English
• Get synonyms and antonyms for words (see the in-app Help section for more information)
• View definitions of answer words
• Save your favorite words to iCloud
• Use an answer as the basis for a new search, allowing you to quickly explore related words
• Supports 3D Touch to quickly take actions on answer words
• Discover new words every day with the Word of the Day feature
• Use the Apple Watch app to search for words, or choose a favorite word to display in a watch face complication
• Universal build for iPhone and iPad
Please note: Wordini requires an internet connection to return results. Saving favorites requires an active iCloud account with free space.
Have feedback or questions? We'd love to hear from you at email@example.com.
Terms of service: http://www.poetmountain.com/wordini/tos
• Fixed issue with sharing from iPad.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A great start
This is a great concept, but the app doesn't work in a way I find useful.
When I search for a word, I want to see all my results listed, so I know immediately whether to try another term. The one-at-time presentation is inconvenient and counter-intuitive.
I want to be able to view the definition of a suggested word, without losing access to the alternatives (I.e. Give me a back button). I also want to see all the given alternatives/synonyms/descriptive suggestions for the word whose definition I'm viewing.
It's also be great to add some quality of life features like bookmarking and syncing words (and remembering how I described them).
This is a good start, but the less time I have to take away from writing, the more useful the app becomes.
I tried searching a phrase in every online reverse-dictionary-type thing I could find, but nothing even remotely close to what I wanted showed up. But here it actually worked, and I found the word I was looking for.
Could not try the app as it instantly crashes while trying to input on the text box. Three stars for now
- Poet & Mountain, LLC
- 5.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2017 Poet & Mountain, LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Full access $1.99
- Full access $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.