Wordini is a new kind of search tool: it remembers the words you forget. Imagine you're at a party or writing a novel. There's a really apropos word on the tip of your tongue, but you can't quite remember it. Wordini has you covered there, whispering answers like a digital Cyrano de Bergerac in your inarticulate times of need. You can think of it like a reverse dictionary: give it a phrase or definition that describes the word and Wordini will work its magic. And speaking of magic, you can get answers from Wordini on your Apple Watch simply by speaking a phrase or question.
• Ask Wordini for words by describing them in plain English
• Get synonyms and antonyms for words (see the in-app Help section for more information)
• View definitions of answer words
• Save your favorite words to iCloud
• Use an answer as the basis for a new search, allowing you to quickly explore related words
• Supports 3D Touch to quickly take actions on answer words
• Discover new words every day with the Word of the Day feature
• Use the Apple Watch app to search for words, or choose a favorite word to display in a watch face complication
• Universal build for iPhone and iPad
Please note: Wordini requires an internet connection to return results. Saving favorites requires an active iCloud account with free space.
Have feedback or questions? We'd love to hear from you at email@example.com.
Terms of service: http://www.poetmountain.com/wordini/tos
• You can now listen to the pronunciation of Word of the Day words.
• Performance improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A great start
This is a great concept, but the app doesn't work in a way I find useful.
When I search for a word, I want to see all my results listed, so I know immediately whether to try another term. The one-at-time presentation is inconvenient and counter-intuitive.
I want to be able to view the definition of a suggested word, without losing access to the alternatives (I.e. Give me a back button). I also want to see all the given alternatives/synonyms/descriptive suggestions for the word whose definition I'm viewing.
It's also be great to add some quality of life features like bookmarking and syncing words (and remembering how I described them).
This is a good start, but the less time I have to take away from writing, the more useful the app becomes.
I tried searching a phrase in every online reverse-dictionary-type thing I could find, but nothing even remotely close to what I wanted showed up. But here it actually worked, and I found the word I was looking for.
Could not try the app as it instantly crashes while trying to input on the text box. Three stars for now
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Poet & Mountain, LLC
- 6.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2021 Poet & Mountain, LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Full access $1.99
- Full access $19.99