Handle brings together your to-dos and calendar so you know exactly what you need to accomplish today, tomorrow, and beyond. You can optionally connect your Google email account to manage your inbox and quickly turn important emails into to-dos.
"Well thought out cross between Mailbox and Wunderlist” - Andrew Showman, Entrepreneur
“The most exciting personal productivity tool” - Mitch Kapor, Founder Lotus
With a few simple habits, Handle can help you stay on top of your workday. It’s as easy as 1-2-3.
The Handle Habit
1. Capture - Turn emails into to-dos, talk to Siri, or type
2. Organize - Schedule & prioritize to-dos, add reminders, due dates, and more
3. Focus - See to-dos on your calendar so you know what to do next
Go cross platform with Handle for Desktop Gmail & Google Apps. Available at Handle.com/chrome
- Turn emails into to-dos by typing "t"
- 2 powerful views: side-bar within Gmail or go full screen
- Drag to-dos to your calendar to schedule them
- Use words like ‘today’ to have reminders automatically setup
Handle is free to download and use. You can support the further development of Handle with a $4.99 a month or $29.99 a year auto-renewing subscription. This will help us build more features and make a better productivity tool.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. You can manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
Have feedback about Handle? Let us know what you think! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fixing flow for existing users signing into their account.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Brilliant, plain and simple
I wish I had found this app before I spent money on so many others. I was literally telling someone today how surprised I am that none of those "sophisticated" email and calendar apps out there have found a way to blend email, to do lists, and calendars into one app and therefore eliminate the need for three, sometimes four, different apps on every device.
I would give this amazing app five stars without question if it had email support for more than just gmail accounts. Fortunately for me, I use gmail for my office and my main personal emails but I have a couple other addresses that are not gmail addresses and I would love to be able to use them with Handle.
PLEASE ADD THE ABILITY TO CONNECT NON-GMAIL ADDRESSES!!!
However, I really have nothing else to complain about (beyond a few things I would to love see added - not really complaints, I guess) considering this app is 100% free (from what I can tell - I have tried to find a way to buy something so I can support them).
If they added support for non-gmail addresses and created an app for MacBooks, I would HAPPILY pay money for this app as is.
TL;DR - It’s still in a league of its own, even though it’s sadly been abandoned. The world needs this, I hope it comes back.
It’s brilliant and effective. The only todo I’ve found truly useful (and I keep up with the latest and greatest). It’s an ambitious app integrating email -> todos -> calendar in a very elegant manner. There are fast tools to triage and organize tasks, and easy daily scheduling of events and todos in single timeline. It’s very well thought out, the features and flow of this app are outstanding. There’s nothing else like it, from a “pure” product perspective they really knew what they were doing. It’s tragic it was abandoned.
It’s still pretty functional in its current state (development stopped over a year ago, and multi-device sync isn’t supported), but it’s exciting to imagine where it can go if it took off... I really hope the developer resumes and succeeds changing the game with this awesome approach he pioneered.
Good start but missing key features
The idea of Handle is great, and the basic structure is really nice. A couple of things keep it from seriously replacing other task managers though.
1. Email support is only for Gmail right now. I'm sure they're working on expanding it, but until they get exchange support (at a minimum) it's not ready for most professional users.
2. You can set up repeating tasks, but have very limited options. For example, I can't have a task that repeats on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I can do every day, once every week, every month, etc, but nothing that's more fine tuned. I think the gold standard here is the natural language recognition of Todoist, but even a simple adaptation of the system used in an app like Streaks would be welcome.
3. I would love to see an option to offer the developers a one time payment to support them instead of having to sign up for a subscription. I know I can sign up for a subscription and then cancel, but it shouldn't require an extra step for me to give you money. Especially because the lack of the two features above make the app a non-starter for me, I don't want to subscribe just hoping that the features I need will eventually be available.
Bottom line? If you're a gmail user with tasks that repeat daily or on the same day each week/month/year, this is an great app to check out. If you're not that exact person, the app is missing features that would allow it to replace whatever you use now.
- handl, inc
- 59.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2016 Handle, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Support Handle $4.99
- Support Handle $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.