Tactical scale World War 2 turn based strategy game, that puts the player in the role of an Axis or Allied army general. You command battalion level units with the objectives to engage the enemy forces to occupy key locations or supply points.
• Playable in both Retina high-resolution mode and normal resolution mode.
• 2 US, UK, Soviet, 5 German, French, Italian, Finnish and Romanian starting campaigns in 200+ historical semi-accurate scenarios, and introductory tutorial scenario.
• 4000 historically accurate units, each unit having more than 20 stats and only being available depending on scenario year, based on AdlerKorps equipment. 30 countries available.
• Build you own core army, train your core units to increase their experience, gain prestige to upgrade or buy new units, carry them over scenarios as the campaign progresses.
• Units can gain Leaders in combat for more abilities
• Special unit actions depending on unit class
• Cross platform save/load game state at anytime beside the automatic turn save . Cloud based save/load game facility to continue playing on other devices.
• 20 Terrain types that influence combat, weather and ground conditions, automatic reinforcements.
• Strategic overview map of entire battlefield, clean user interface that never hides the battlefield from player.
• Full featured unit upgrade/purchase Equipment window with sorting and filtering
• Ad Free.
- Added German World Campaign a well detailed gigantic campaign with 50 scenarios
- Added United States World Campaign a semi historical campaign with 25 scenarios which has a few USA vs Soviet Union hypothetical scenarios.
- Added United Kingdom World Campaign a fun historical campaign that also portraits battles in eastern Africa against Italian Army and then continues in Europe until end of war over 24 scenarios
- Added Italian Afrika Korps Campaign a 31 scenario campaign that focuses on battles that took place on African soil ported by Alexander Sayenko.
- Added Romanian Campaign In an effort to reclaim old territories lost to Soviet Union, Romania mustered more combat troops for the Nazi war effort than all of Germany's other allies combined. This 17 scenario historical campaign presents the course of battles fought by Romanian army from the beginning of Operation Barbarossa, Stalingrad disaster and finishing with ousting of pro-nazi regime and continuing the fight along Soviet Union against his former ally.
- Added French Campaign: Forces Francaises Libres
- Added Finnish Campaign: Artic Storm
- Added option to show hidden victory hexes (Warning: might make game too easy in certain cases)
- Game is now winnable by destroying all enemy units. This should make scenarios that rely on hidden hexes work without issues.
- Small map tooltips now also show when units have no fuel/ammo. Clicking on unit or tooltip will close the tooltip.
- Implemented Sell Unit in equipment window. You can only sell your core army units and get prestige back with a certain small penalty.
- Fixed number of turns per day report to follow how scenario designed intended.
- Fix a bug where game was stuck in AI turn unable to continue.
- Added small tooltips for Objectives, No Ammo/Fuel and Air/Naval transports to make it easier for players to find these. Each tooltip can be hidden on tap/click and can be shown again by showing Hexes lines
- Added extra scrolling space at the bottom of the map so the unit info window doesn't cover the map, making it annoying to select bottom units.
- Fixed an issue where a reinforcement unit could not spawn resulting in game errors.
- More units types can no be air embarked, as in original Panzer General 2
- There are also a few fixes for equipment, ui and previous campaigns.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great late 1990s nostalgia hit
If you played beer & pretzels turn-based wargames on the PC in the 90’s, this is all quite familiar. It’s essentially a port of Panzer General II with some new campaigns. Significant learning curve if you’re unfamiliar with the genre, especially PG2, but overall pretty great.
2 noticeable bugs:
1.) If you are playing a scenario with multiple allied nations, you cannot buy your allies’ units (ex. In the US World campaign, you can’t buy British or New Zealand units even though they’re presented in the purchase menu).
2.) in the US World and Big Red 1 campaigns (maybe others as well), the AI starts spamming cheap, anachronistic militia, artillery, and fighter units (ex. pre-war biplanes and pro-fascist Arab militias in the Monte Cassino scenario of the US World campaign), rendering a scenario almost unwinnable.
PG II upgraded?
I can tell a tremendous amount of work was put into your project, especially with the addition so SO many historically accurate machines, troop types. Very well done. I do SO wish there were some additional information on how to play, I.e, Hot Keys? Automatic next unit in turn to move? How to cancel a move and choose a different action? Forgive me if this has already been addressed... I just can't seemed locate it on the website OR in-game. They are a must for me. Until then, I respect and applaud your efforts in this monumental task! Thank you!
Great Strategy Game
(FIXED, scroll to bottom, this is being kept as an archive) I’ve seen other people also have this problem. The game opens in landscape mode, but it’s in portrait mode & only shows half the screen. This makes the game impossible to play. I used to play this and love this, but from what I can see this game looks abandoned. If you are reading this, could you try to fix this?
EDIT: The game works now. Always good to see a developed committed to their game. Not only that, before the update, the Dev let me know how to get past this. I highly recommend anyone who likes a good turn-based strategy game to try this out.
Developer Response ,
Please update to the latest version it should solve this issue. Thanks.
- Nicu Pavel
- 241.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014 Nicu Pavel
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.