Surprise Cakes turns any birthday cake into a spectacular celebration as 3D animated FIREWORKS, DRAGONS, UNICORNS or a PIRATE SHIP suddenly bursts from the frosting.
Watch partygoers squeal with delight as your iPad or iPhone erupts with an incredible sky show or a beautiful unicorn that you can customize and move around the cake. Choose a pirate ship and fire the cannons or wow your guests by exploring the dungeon INSIDE your castle cake where a fire-breathing dragon lurks. Perfect for the friend or busy parent who is looking for a truly amazing cake at birthday time.
- The app includes a camera so you can capture the perfect moment with the birthday girl or boy as they blow out the candles on their animated cake.
- Augmented Reality technology allows you to move your device around to watch the animation from every angle, even from above! The animation shows as long as you keep the marker in front of your device's camera.
- Realistic animation and sound effects bring any cake (and party) to life.
- Requires a FREE 'marker' to be printed from the howtocookthat.net website.
* Cakes and recipes are not included in the app. However there are over FREE video tutorials and recipes for amazing cakes on the howtocookthat.net website and HowToCookThat YouTube channel.
Fixed the bug from pirate ship realease: * white square removed from dragon and pirate scenes.
Occasionally the camera will remain black. If this happens then a hard reset of the app is required (completely close the app by double tapping the home button and swipe up to close the app).
Ratings and Reviews
Paper Card On Fire -- Fireworks in Person's Face!
I was discouraged as the description wasn't what I thought the app was to do. Not worthy of $1.99. I can't use the app in its current condition.
You have the fireworks coming out of the emblem card. . .it would never work with a birthday child behind the cake, cause the fireworks will be coming out of the child's head or face. Most people are standing looking down at the child or person who is sitting behind the cake. And if you are at the same height sitting across from the child, then the fireworks are coming out of the card blocking the child's face. . . I think you get the idea!
If there is a way to adjust the height or space above the card or at the sides of the card that the fireworks can shoot, then possibly it would frame the picture.
Next, is the app suppose to be able to be a video?
There is no Video option, only pictures. Since there is no sound with a printed picture, I don't know why there is popping sounds with the fireworks. . .I suppose you could make some sort of animated slide show, but even then I doubt the sound would come along with the picture.
All said, good first try! Waiting for updates.
Waste of money and time , expected baking videos, extras etc nope
Definitely NOT what I thought. App is crap!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.