FLO, one of the largest electric vehicle (EV) charging networks in North America, operates a comprehensive charging ecosystem that fulfills EV drivers’ needs wherever they may be, by ensuring a consistently simple and seamless experience.
With the FLO mobile application, take control of your EV charging sessions by:
• Using public FLO charging stations as soon as the application has been installed on your mobile phone
• Signing up with FLO to have access to all member advantages, including regular member usage fees, or pay on an as-needed basis by credit card, without signing up
• Transferring funds to your member account and benefit from charging credits at all times
• Verifying the availability of charging stations and their usage fee on a geographical map
• Finding nearby charging stations or find those near a given location
• Starting a charging session on a selected station
• Remotely tracking progress of a charging session
• Being notified, by email, when your electric vehicle is fully charged or when the charging session has been interrupted
• Receiving charging session summaries by email
• Consulting past charging sessions on FLO charging stations
Start taking advantage of the FLO app by installing it on your mobile device today!
Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Punishing, but issues can be overcome in a pinch
As other reviews have stated, adding funds via the mobile app doesn’t work, simply stating that “an error occurred.” Closing and reopening the app did NOT work in my case. However, signing in to the website with the account I just created on the app allowed me to add funds via the website. I’m not certain, but filling in the address details in my profile may have helped billing succeed on the website.
Once funds were added on the website, I opened the app and then I was able to start a charging session.
The station finder worked satisfactorily but like others the convenience of being able to add a payment card to Apple Wallet would be very useful, and of course adding Apple Pay an option for guest charging would help have made this experience much much better.
Very User UNfriendly
1. You don’t have to sign up for an account online and download the app but the website redirects you to.
2. When trying to add funds you need to reset the app, the error messages are very unclear
3. Customer Service cannot help you with any payment issues, they just say “too bad” and end the call
4. You have to select the charger from the app and unlock it virtually, unlike ChargePoint which is amazing and you can start the charge using your Apple Wallet.
5. Your password needs to meet complexity requirements but again this is moot because their error message said “all fields are required” instead of just telling me the password was not approved.
This is a horrible technology with an even worse app with bad workflows and useless customer service. You would be better off letter your battery die on the freeway and just calling roadside assistance than dealing with this company.
App works ok, but 2x the cost of other apps
After reading the reviews for this app, I was afraid of what my experience would be like, but it worked fine. I found the specific charger on the map in the app, uploaded $10, and immediately starting charging. I could see how someone who is visiting may not want to upload money on an app they’ll never use again. My main complaint, though, is that the cost to charge with this station is twice as much as other stations. I’ll use up my credit since I live close to a station, but I won’t be uploading any additional credit after this first time. Minus 2 stars for price and being obligated to upload a minimum of $10.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Addenergie Technologies Inc
- 21.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2019 Services FLO inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.