Express Dictate is a voice recording app for iOS. You dictate directly on your device using the controls. When done, tap send and the dictation will be compressed and sent to your typist by email automatically.
For ease of use, operation of the record and playback features is designed to closely mimic that of old style dictation recorders. You can also playback, rewind, insert or overwrite as required using the keys on the front.
This dictation voice recorder is designed to have all the features you need as easy to use as possible and reliable for day-to-day operation. By installing Express Dictate you will quickly find it will replace your old dictaphone, and by using the internet to send dictations, will also improve the turnaround on typing.
Express Dictate Features:
- Record and playback dictation using the controls on the device.
- Editing, inserting and overwriting. You can select between record overwrite, record insert and record end modes.
- Optional voice activated recording. When selected Express Dictate only records while you are speaking.
- Automatic compression of audio files to reduce upload times and storage requirements.
- Sends recording in compressed wave (wav) or dictation (dct) file formats.
- Files can be sent via FTP, email, and iTunes.
All files sent by Express Dictate can be transcribed by the free foot pedal controlled transcriber software Express Scribe Transcription Player Software.
*Please backup ALL dictations before upgrading from a previous version*
*Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
"Ok" update from free original
1) Please make the buttons bigger. I am getting used to the little buttons now though.
2) Please eliminate the 1-2 second pause after I push the record button (this is the most annoying thing and was not an issue with the original free version).
Otherwise, this is a very good app and I use it every day. I am only critical because it is so valuable to me.
After updating from pocket dictate to the express dictate paid version I am having serious problems when sending dictations via FTP or email. When I send files they are cut, the received files are either missing the beginning or the end of the audio file. I have tried numerous different settings and I am not able to consistently receive dictations in their entirety. For example I have recorded files in the app that are 5 minutes long which I can play and hear the entire dictation, however after sending, the recipient will receive a shorter file with random parts missing. The frustrating part is it just seems to be random sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't. The old app worked just fine, with no issues. If anyone knows how to resolve this please help, I have called and emailed NCH support numerous times, after spending thousands of dollars on their express delegate suite this is the customer service I get. The only reason I'm giving 1 star is because there is no option for 0! Stay away from this company.
Do not update to this version if you have any stored recordings
This version has a major bug and will corrupt all stored recordings if you try to play them back. It appears to erase every recording made on previous versions if you try to play them back in your iOS devise. We lost multiple recordings with this upgrade. Tried to call the company, but unless you pay them extra money they will not talk to you. This is a major bug problem.
- NCH Software
- 9.4 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 by NCH Software. All Rights Reserved. NCH Software, NCH products and their respective logos are trademarks of NCH Software.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.