Professional document management for iOS, with bulk rename, backup and sync tasks. Edit your documents in-place, stream your media files and connect to over 20 different network and cloud storage locations.
“Maximize the potential of what you can do with files on iOS” - Cult of Mac
“FileBrowser remains the best option” - MacStories
Direct and secure file access to your computers, servers and other storage devices on home or corporate networks. No additional configuration of corporate IT systems is necessary.
- Access file servers and cloud storage
- View documents and optionally store them for offline viewing
- Present a video, PowerPoint or Keynote direct from the server
- Copy and move between any type of storage, from single files to whole directories
- Bi-directional automatic sync of network folders to your iPad/iPhone
- Backup local files to a network file server or cloud storage
- Integrates with other apps allowing you to edit, save and share files while on the go
- Integrates with your existing infrastructure, including Active Directory
- Integrates with iOS data protection, utilising hardware-based encryption to secure content
- Pro photographer XMP sidecar file support for rating images
- VPN on-demand support for third-party VPN clients
- Supports Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Requires no additional software on corporate servers
Office App Integration
- No more copying of documents between apps
- Launch an Office app to edit a network document in-place.
- Changes are automatically saved to the original document
- Scan documents or images direct to multi page PDF
- Automatic colour and perspective correction of scanned documents
- Centralised distribution of FileBrowser configuration settings
- Enforced security lockdown
- Conform to corporate Mobile Security Policies
- Prevent users from changing local settings
- Selectively override any local configuration setting
- Distribute file server connection details
- Control whether offline viewing/storage is permitted
- Control whether content can be emailed as attachments
FileBrowser Professional uses the SMB1, SMB2, and SMB3 network access protocols (also known as CIFS or Windows File Sharing) to connect to:
- NAS drives
- Windows File Servers (including Windows Server Clusters)
Access local storage
- USB Drives
- SD Cards
- Folders of other apps
- iCloud Drive folders of other apps
- iOS Photo Library
You can also connect to the following cloud storage
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 or later
- Google Drive (including TeamDrive)
- Dropbox (including Dropbox for Business)
- Backblaze B2
- Amazon S3
- Digital Ocean
- FileBase S3
- iDrive Cloud S3
- Wasabi S3
- WebDAV servers
- FTP/FTPS servers
- SFTP servers
For fast friendly support please email email@example.com. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
New Features & Enhancements
* Improved rendering of .MSG files.
* Added support for .pls streaming radio files.
* Improved credentials handling for multiple Sharepoint connections.
* Attached USB drives now show the amount of Used and Free space.
* Fix editing text files in local Sync Files folder.
* Fix annotating PDFs using Gallery View.
Thank you for helping to make our apps better. If you would like to rate or leave a review on the App Store, we look forward to hearing your feedback.
Unlike other file manager apps, we never gather any of your data. We also don't require you to create an account or register an email address with us.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the Connectivity to PC
I had bought a flash drive to store all my procreate files on, however I quickly learned that plugging a usb c drive into the drive causes quite a few files to get corrupted. I was really upset that I seemed to lose drawings that I valued, so I checked out this app based on a recommendation from a Reddit post. At first I wondered if I should get this or the other version, but I figured I'd get this for the increased functionality.
Rather than connect my flash drive directly to my iPad, I am now able to connect it to my PC, connect to my iPad via the servers, and upload folders that way. The drag and drop is nice and the multiwindow is very helpful in saving files. At first I had troubles learning how to share PC folders and learn how to undo the read-only issue, but now that it works I'm really grateful that I can still back up my procreate pictures. Since I don't have a Mac for the apple ecosystem, this is doublely helpful.
An Absolute Must for iPad Pro / Business Users
FileBrowser for Business is everything that’s missing plus a whole lot more when it comes to accessing files on servers, and doing all the basics like copying/moving files, up/downloading, editing text files, creating text files and folders - plus a whole lot more.
The fact that it connects instantly and perfectly to servers and cloud services and allows such tremendous interoperability among all of them makes it the all-time MUST HAVE app if you routinely access/create/edit/copy/move files around on cloud and network servers. It lets you do everything even easier than on a PC or Mac connected to your external storage. It’s just great from the look and feel to the functionality and reliability.
Hats off to this app and to the team behind it.
I do artwork on IPad professionally & this has been a lifesaver
Convenient, fast, easy.
I work as an illustrator from my iPad & often have to transfer files to my PC for final adjustments in Photoshop. I recently had to quickly turnaround a project of 150+pages, that would typically mean exporting each one individually to google drive/Dropbox/etc, waiting, downloading on my PC, waiting. Because this project was so big I knew it would take too long to work that way.
After quick research I found FileBrowser for business and I don’t know why I didn’t get this app sooner. Such a game changer if you work across platforms like I do. It makes it so easy to transfer files instantaneously between my PC and iPad — it feels less like two separate entities and now more like two arms of the same entity. Can’t recommend this program enough.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 75.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Stratospherix LTD
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.