iDesign is an vector illustration app. It was designed from scratch for the iPad. It supports paths, compound paths, text, images, groups, masks, gradient fills, and an unlimited number of layers.
iDesign was designed with performance in mind – it can easily handle drawings with hundreds to thousands of shapes without bogging down. Export your finished illustrations directly to your Dropbox as SVG or PDF.
• Very high performance. Select, scale and rotate hundreds of objects with zero lag.
• Create arbitrary bezier paths with the Pen tool.
• Create compound paths, masks and groups.
• Create text objects.
• Place photos from your albums.
• Boolean operators on paths (Unite, Intersect, Exclude, Subtract Front)
• Powerful scale and rotate tools.
• Gradient fills with interactive editing on canvas.
• Arbitrary stroke dash patterns.
• Swatch library.
• Unlimited layers per drawing.
• Rename, rearrange, delete, hide and lock layers.
• Adjust layer transparency.
• Snap to grid, points, and path edges.
• Isolate the active layer for easy editing.
• Email drawings as SVG, PDF, PNG and JPEG.
• Send SVG, PDF, PNG, and JPEG directly to your Dropbox.
Ratings and Reviews
I usually don't write reviews but I was super impressed with this app. I was dubious when I downloaded it but that quickly changed as I started using it. It's taken a fairly complex function and made it applicable to an iPad touch interface. I had used vector drawing programs on computers way back so it helped when it came to understanding how to use Bézier curves etc. I haven't pushed it to its limit but it does more than I've needed so far. Lots of options for exporting the drawings too. 👍👍👍
The Best and Easiest
This is the best and easiest to use vector app I've found. Every tool acts as expected. Gradient fills, opacity for fills, objects, and layers, super easy pen and vector tools. This is my new app for designing game characters. Goodbye to my trusty Adobe Fireworks!
Used to work fine...
Opening a new drawing makes the App immediately crash.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.