Teachers can now download our free educational learning materials from our site to teach your students how to code with hyperPad.
CREATE. SHARE. PLAY.
Only with hyperPad, your visual coding app. No coding is needed when you have hyperPad, only your imagination.
Simple & Powerful, hyperPad will help you create your wildest dreams for an app no matter your experience. Create games, books, comics, and more!
Start creating your dream now, with no in-app purchases or subscriptions. Unlock all our awesome features with one purchase to start making professional quality games & apps.
Share your projects progress on hyperPad’s active hub or join our active Discord Channel to get feedback from other users around the world. From the Americas to Tokyo, we have been used in over 10 different countries by professions, beginners, and teachers alike.
Publish your completed projects to the App Store & make money through Ads or simply sell your games on the store. You may very well be next Among Us! Don’t forget to tag us, we’d love to help share what you create.
Learn to code with hyperPad.
Join hundreds of teachers around the world who use hyperPad to teach young minds how to code. Introduce students to programming concepts and logical thinking with hyperPads user friendly visual behaviour system.
Develop vital skills in critical thinking, creative learning, and problem solving all while developing your art skills! hyperPad can be used in not only STEM but in any field. In an increasingly technological world, we will help you develop cutting edge skills.
If you think you are too young don’t worry, some of the best projects on hyperPad that we have seen have been created by teenagers - yes, that’s right. hyperPad’s Ambassador is a 16 year old who has been with us for 6 years; we can help you build your career or hobby in app development from any age.
The future of app development is at the tips of your fingers, quite literally!
Join our Discord Channel - started by our Ambassador & other users. Directly interact with our team themselves and also watch the development progress of hyperPad projects! We also have mini community games and friendly challenges to keep your skills sharp.
Follow our socials to see hyperPad projects or to watch basic tutorials;
For more information, view our website at hyperpad.com
We have fixed major bugs and crashes introduced in the previous update. hyperPad now has a smoother experience with the latest iOS updates allowing you to create & share your projects easier.
We have also added new Behaviours that will assist you in game creation - drawing tools, boolean & more.
- Share to socials & include a screenshot!
- Follow Behaviours through “Anchor Position”
- Render Texture Behaviour;
A blank canvas you can draw on.
Effects like “Blur” or “Pixelate” are available. Drag into a “Set Behaviour” or “Load Image”
Draw behavior, shapes, or image into Render Texture.
- Collisions Behaviour;
Recreates collisions for an object
- Math Expression Behaviour;
Takes in a text field & allows math operations to be added.
- Boolean Behaviour;
Perform a Boolean or Comparison Operation
- Bitwise Operation Behaviour
- Text Operation Behaviour
String related functions that manipulate text (i.e. split, insert, search, trim, replace etc.)
- Secondary Colour Behaviour (e.g. health bar colors)
- Loop Behaviour now outputs current value for each new option
- Load Image Behaviour can load from a screenshot, object, render texture, files, camera roll & assets
- “Hide Graphic toggle” added to “Object Properties”
- Set Graphic can load from exported value when dragging value on top of Asset Selector
- Dismissing the app when keyboard is open
- Importing multiple images from camera roll
- Graphics that are imported from files app are imported in the correct order
- Importing animations, no bouncing effect
- Loop animation works when chaining
- Colors set correctly
- Set background color behavior will now freeze when pausing.
- Overlay doesn’t pause when pressing the pause button.
- Overlays are now aligned
- Objects can now be destroyed after loading an Overlay
- Screen to object in Overlays no longer moves Scene
- Collisions work with Comments
- Scene/Global positioning on iPad Pro 11"
- iOS 14 alert when editing password; protected behaviors
- Tab Bar overlap on older iOS devices
- List is no longer black when adding from Special Objects in dark mode
- Loading audio from iTunes now works
- Sound effects playing at various pitches no longer has a “slide” effect
- Creating particle and sound FX does not crash the app
- Current time from Get Music Outputs incorrect value fixed
- On “Load Next Scene” Behavior, the properties now says “Scene”
- Default value for Load value is now correct
- Getting an Array from a json string now works
- Get Array value custom index no longer says get value at 0
- Array behavior works properly in spawned objects
- Various array and behavior fixes
- Various array / dictionary edge case issues fixed
- Behavior lines are not deleted when panning around
- Behavior list no longer visible when editing particles
- Inaccurate Behaviors no longer disconnect
- Dropbox dark mode
- Dropbox thumbnails now load
- Phantom object bug fixed
- Fixed Position when zooming out
- Using Set input field for Object referencing no longer causes a crash.
- Get Object Outputs scale
- Objects that have no width / height (0 meters) can now be scaled up via Scale By Behavior
- Propel Object and rotated screen/objects issues fixed
- Objects will no longer appear on unintended layers
- Able to edit Object attributes in editor mode.
- When Selecting Tags and other properties on Objects, the bottom of the panel is now interactable.
- Empty Objects that are hidden now look hidden
- Empty Objects can now be skewed.
- Editing input field with the keyboard will no longer edit the wrong behavior when switching behavior mid edit
- When swiping to close an interstitial ad in the player, the pause button no longer disappears
And many more! Visit the roadmap or forum for the complete list of bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Best mobile game making app I’ve seen.
I like everything about this app, including the fact it doesn’t just force you to pay!
You can add your own graphics,sounds,and much more!
I do think it could use a few more text options, but it’s a great app!
There Is so much to love about this app! So wether you have no experience with game developing or have a LOT of experience with game developing I can assure you that you’ll find something to love about hyperPad... It features a really cool 2d level designer with multiple tools to help in your game making process, you can also import your very own graphics (Images, png’s,) How cool is that?!? But that’s just the beginning of what makes this app so unique! The main feature is the behavior system. (This is where all your logic will be!) the behavior system features a variety of drag and drop behaviors that power your game! So no matter what kind of game you wanna make. The behavior system makes it possible. The app also has a cool place called ‘The Hub’. The hub is place you can go to share your projects and interact with other Users! If you are having any sorts of trouble or you need help with something you can post on the hyperPad forum, (It is really helpful!) And if you need any other sorts of help, the hyperPad developers are really nice and respond quick... so if you are wondering if you should make the purchase... I strongly suggest you do, you won’t be disappointed!
Ok since most devs only care about ratings and money I know a one star will get your attention. I need help. I can’t really explain my problem so here is the run down. I want to make a Fnaf style game with a mechanic that if you push a button one, it turns grey and the door goes down. But if you push it a second time while the button is grey is goes back up and it turns red. I can’t do that and this is a MAJOR PROBLEM. Variable problems like this are CRUCIAL when designing a game. If I want something to happen only if something else is happening, or I want something to happen after TWO things have happened as opposed to one, I can’t. THIS MUST BE FIXED.
EDIT: thanks. This is litterally the only way I can contact you guy so thanks. You really need to make some visual tutorials or something.
Developer Response ,
Actually unlike most devs we don’t care about the money. We lose quite a bit on hyperpad. But we do love seeing our users happy.
In the future you should ask these questions on the forums or submit a personal support ticket. You will get a faster and more detailed response!
But what you’re trying to do is very possible in hyperpad. There are many different ways of doing it. One way is use an attribute to keep track of a buttons state. When pressed set the state attribute to say something like “off”. Then you can have a if behaviour. If state =off disable button. ( or behaviour off on your started touching).
Edit: have you tried contacting us on the forum or the personal support page? Just press the forum button at the bottom of the main Hyperpad screen, or the learn tab to access the contact/support firm. Can also access some tutorials in the learn section!
Also can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. These are the best ways to reach us! The reviews are not a great place for support since we’re limited in our responses.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 235.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © GamePress, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Subscription $9.99
- Indie Package $4.99
- Student Package $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.