Lenka is a remarkably simple yet powerful, dedicated black & white camera app developed in France by world renowned photographer Kevin Abosch (kevinabosch.com) for professionals & amateurs alike, to create beautiful black & white photographs. Lenka is optimised for use with iPhone 7/7Plus/8/X-- For highest image quality, we suggest using these devices with iOS 11 installed.
- Realtime "What you see is what you get" preview as you shoot.
- Pinch screen to switch from rectangular "full frame" format to square format.
- Automatic focus or Manual Focus. (Manual Focus only available with iOS8 or later)
- Adjust exposure manually with control slider.
- Adjust contrast manually with control slider.
- Subtle cooler/warmer Temperature Tint control slider.
- Option to take photo by pressing volume buttons.
- Edit photos (crop/rotate) and share via email or messenger and to Facebook and Twitter.
- Export photos to Instagram! (Must have Instagram on your device for this feature)
- Tap the lightbulb icon to illuminate your subjects with constant light (not flash)
Lenka does not allow for flash photography or the use of your front facing camera. These are creative decisions which speak to our artistic philosophy.
"Free apps exist to provide the same kind of service, but often fall short of Lenka’s simple brilliance" - SlashGear
"Lenka is a beautifully simple iPhone app that gives photos that moody monochrome magic" - The Next Web
"When you fire up Lenka you immediately realise that it’s capable of much more subtle greys and textures than most normal camera apps." - Tech Crunch
"Lenka's simplicity is what makes the app so alluring" - PetaPixel
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fixed bug that caused to crash in iOS 11.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app simple and I used it for all the black and white photos I take now the only thing that I have trouble with is the button are a little bit to close together makes it hard for me to which one
iOS 11 broke it
Loved using this app until iOS 11. It will take one photo then locks up. Tried going to their website to see if there was an easy way to contact them. They do have their email support address there, but it is not a link. You have to copy it and go to your email client and paste and then write them and tell them of your troubles. Then you wait to see if they reply.... still waiting, 5 days and counting.
Images are great but needs fixed in iOS 11
Still takes great b&w photos, but now locks up after taking one picture. Requires force stop and reopen yo shoot again.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kevin Abosch
- 5.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Kevin Abosch
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.