View demo videos on the app's website at http://goo.gl/ZRC8gt
This app was created for physicians, residents, medical students, and other students in the healthcare fields to keep track of and document procedures performed. The app is highly customizable and useful in all medical specialties.
Entries are securely kept in your iOS device and are not sent to any outside server, website or database. Reports are created and saved as a password protected PDF file (encrypted using AES-128) and a CSV (comma-separated values) file that is compressed to a ZIP file (which allows password protection and is encrypted using AES-256) to comply with HIPAA security requirements. The reports can then be emailed, accessed via iTunes and the Files app, sent using AirDrop, or copied to your iCloud Drive or DropBox. CSV files can be imported into a spreadsheet program.
One should not rely on this app alone to keep track of their procedures and is advised to frequently backup the files created. See the Create Reports and Backup & Restore sections in the Help/Instructions view of the app for information on backing up and restoring your data.
• Keep a log of the procedures you have performed, assisted in, were 2nd assist in, observed, or supervised for documentation purposes.
• Document the patient's name, ID number, age, date performed, location, supervisor, diagnosis, complications and additional notes with the procedures performed. Also, one can take a photo with your device's camera or import a photo from your photos library from within the app, and include the photo in a record.
• Option to select one or multiple diagnoses from a list of either custom diagnoses or ICD-10 diagnoses for any given procedure.
• Select multiple procedures performed on a single patient.
• Sort by date (ascending or descending), patient name, procedure name, and medical specialty.
• Capture supervisor's signature to attest that you performed or assisted in the procedure(s) and include the signature images in your reports. Either obtain the supervisor's signature attestation at the time you create the log entry, or save the entry without the signature and obtain the signature attestation at a later time.
• Detailed help/instructions section.
• List of procedures, favorite diagnoses, and complications are easily customizable (you can add procedures/diagnoses/complications to or delete them from the lists). (ICD-10 diagnoses cannot be edited or deleted.)
• Locations and Supervisor's names are saved and can be selected from a picker so you don't have to type them in again when adding another log entry.
• Create reports in password protected PDF format and as a CSV file that is password protected in a ZIP format, as well as a password protected backup of your data, that can then be emailed, sent via AirDrop, sent to your iCloud Drive or Dropbox account, or downloaded using iTunes when your iOS device is connected to your computer.
• Reports can be created for a specific date range, and one can specify the primary, secondary and tertiary sort order of the PDF report.
• In addition to backing up to iCloud and/or iTunes, if you have a DropBox account, you can copy the password protected backup file and reports to DropBox from within the Procedure Log app.
• You can also use the Files app to transfer files to your iCloud Drive, Dropbox account, or, if you have a Mac computer, use AirDrop to transfer it to your Mac computer.
• You can also email the password protected backup file to yourself.
• App is password protected and all data is encrypted when you log off the app or the app is no longer the active app.
• PDF and CSV reports are encrypted and password protected.
• Retrieve your username and password if you have forgotten them; you must first answer several security questions in the "Create User" or the "Edit User" views.
• Fixed another issue causing a crash when trying to log in.
Ratings and Reviews
I love being able to save my procedures like this. Unfortunately, I’m concerned that if this phone breaks, I’ll have no way of retrieving the information and putting it all on a new device. It appears my only option would be to constantly download the file and then reenter everything manually? Not good.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. I'm not sure I understand your concern, though. If you have your phone automatically backup to iCloud, the information that is stored within the app is backed up and can be restored onto a new device from iCloud. There's also a feature within the app that allows one to manually backup to your computer. Any backup saved to your computer can be easily transferred to the phone using either the iOS Files app or iTunes. The only information not backed up is the username and password, since that is stored in a separate, secure area of the phone; so one would have to create a new user when getting a new iPhone, using the same password to log in to the app as in the old iPhone.
Update (1/18/2019): as of version 3.7 of the app, the username and password are also backed up to iCloud in an encrypted format, so restoring your information from an iCloud backup to a new device should be a seamless process.
Great technical support
I had initially rated the App based on my frustration of a bug that was fixed immediately over the weekend.
I apologize of my initial rating and I would like to change the rating to a 5 star. This App is the best one out there for residence and fellows to stay on top of their logs. I will recommend this to my fellowship program.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for updating your rating and review, and glad you like the app. Best wishes to you in your fellowship!
Great app, except for the color.
Great app to track your procedures, with what seems like good security. I wish you could change the color though.
- Robert Kuhnhenn
- 20.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014-2019 Robert M. Kuhnhenn, DO
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.