Local live streaming: Stream video and audio to anyone in Bluetooth or Wi-Fi range.
* Playback is SYNCHRONIZED on all viewers!
* Group chat and private messages.
* Mix the microphone with music from your iTunes library.
* Record video (mp4) or audio (aiff) of voice streams (in-app purchases required): save a lecture, speech or vocal performance for later.
* iTunes Store integration: tap on any song name in the chat window to search the store.
Emitting is a great tool for spontaneous collaboration in any social setting.
No servers and no accounts: just iOS devices communicating directly. No Internet or data plan is required.
There are two modes:
* EMIT mode: One device. Stream your video and audio to 3 nearby viewers. You can mix the mic with songs from your iTunes library. Songs must be downloaded to the device and DRM-free (i.e., no Apple Music downloads).
* RELAY mode: Many devices. Be the audience. Be the crowd. Browse for nearby streams, pick one to join and then you can RELAY the stream to 3 more viewers!
Playback on all viewers in RELAY mode is SYNCHRONIZED. Turn a crowd into a PA system!
There is no limit on the number of times the stream can be relayed. We've tested successfully with two "levels" of viewers (up to 12 devices: 3 on the 1st level, 9 on the 2nd). If your stream reaches more, share the good news with us on Twitter @obeemobee!
Everyone can communicate via group chat and private messages. Chat transcripts can be shared via text, email, AirDrop, etc.
Everyone can record video (mp4) or audio (aiff) of voice-only streams (In-app purchases required: sorry, no music stream recording due to Copyright). Recordings can be shared via text, email, AirDrop, etc.
NOTE: Sessions in EMIT mode are limited to 10 minutes. This limitation can be removed via the "Unlimited EMIT Time" in-app purchase.
So who might use this? We have some 'P'eople in mind:
* Professors: Stream your lecture to nearby students. They can ask questions via chat and record the lecture for later review. Can't see or hear you in the back? Not anymore!
* Partiers: Hosting a house party but can't afford that pricey whole-house sound system? No worries: stream your favorite songs and guests can tune in, no matter what room they're in.
* Protestors: Whether marching down the street or on the Capitol steps, you can use Emitting to get your opinion out there. No bullhorn required.
* Performers: Find a public stage, launch Emitting, pick a backing track from your library and sing over the top. Tug at some heartstrings. Fame awaits.
* Parkers: Friends, food, phones and four wheels. Plug each RELAY device directly into a car stereo with an audio cable. Pick your favorite tailgate anthems, crank the volume and rock out.
* Preachers: Whether from a street corner or a chapel, get your proselytization on. Save more souls.
* Politicians: No need for a fancy stage. Pull up an actual soapbox and use Emitting to get that rally going anywhere, anytime.
* Poets: Your spoken word can now be heard. Imagine an intimate setting with listeners on headphones. Emotions conveyed.
* Presenters: Whip out your bullet points anywhere.
Follow these tips for the best possible experience:
- In EMIT mode: when using the microphone, a headset is highly recommended to minimize feedback (the EarPods that come with every iOS device work great!). iPhone users: without a headset, the audio output is to the earpiece and not the external speaker. Hold the device up to your head as if you were making a call.
- In RELAY mode: if an attempt to join a stream returns a "Busy" message, it means that device and/or the network is too busy to make a connection. Give it a few seconds and try again. It may take several tries.
- Incoming calls will interrupt the stream. Airplane mode will eliminate these interruptions.
- Switching to background mode works just fine, but the app won't be guaranteed all the network resources it needs. Try to keep other network activity to a minimum.
Updates for iOS 10.
When you push Stop, it should stop, right? Squashed a rare bug that would freeze the app after stopping if lots of listeners have been joining/leaving.
Ratings and Reviews
Nothing else like it!
I use it to stream music to friends while we're on a Pokemon Go hunt.
Worked at home, won’t connect at work
I was hoping to use this app to provide plant tours of our facility when we would have more than a handful of visitors at a time: which would only be a few occasions per year.
Tested the app at home across multiple devices and it worked flawlessly. Tried using it at work and no matter what changes I made to the settings, I was unable to connect: I was able to broadcast, but no one could connect to my stream. Stream was visible, but circle of death/connecting went on for 15 minutes with no successful latch to the broadcast. Tried again across other devices, still no luck.
Would love to be able to use this! Hope there is a potential fix.
Possibilities are endless
- ObeeMobee LLC
- 6.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 ObeeMobee LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Audio Recording $0.99
- Unlimited EMIT Time $0.99
- Profile Picture
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.