Strongbox is an application for keeping all your passwords safely stored and protected by one master password. Supporting the open source Password Safe and KeePass formats.
*** Supports Family Sharing ***
*** Features ***
- Touch ID & Apple Watch Unlock for the ultimate in convenience, security and speed.
- YubiKey protection - secure your databases with a hardware token.
- Secure - protected by time tested military grade cryptography.
- Search your entire set of passwords and secrets instantly and powerfully, with deep search. Autocomplete new entries, and auto generate secure passwords.
- Standards compliant - using the time tested Password Safe and KeePass formats so you can import any existing password safe you have.
- Features galore
- Incredibly configurable password generation including Diceware (XKCD) & regular passwords.
- Timed Auto Clear Clipboard.
- Entry History.
- KeePass Field References, Tags, Custom Icon & FavIcons (including automatic search & download).
- Two Factor Authentication codes (TOTP) - QR Code, Steam & Manual.
*** Strongbox is Freemium ***
This means that Strongbox is free with a basic feature set, but if you like there are enhanced Pro features too. You can opt-in to a Free Trial of all the Pro features if you like, no obligations, but most find the Free version perfectly adequate.
• Strongbox provides In-App Purchases (both auto renewable subscriptions and one-off non-consumable) for Pro versions of the App
• An outright/upfront (i.e. non In-App Purchase) option exists also, please see the Strongbox website for details.
• Subscriptions are auto renewable with recurring billing. Cancel anytime.
• The time period of the subscriptions are monthly or yearly at users discretion
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• BugFix: Native Dropbox/Google Drive are blocked for Free users when they shouldnt be
• BugFix: Change Nickname action is greyed out on Databases Manager context menu
• BugFix: Localize Title of Recycle Bin when newly created
• AutoFill for Third Party Browsers via Browser Extension (Chrome / Firefox) - Experimental
• Icon changes for non universal build (App Review Compliance)
• Localization Updates
If you are enjoying the new version of Strongbox it would be great if you could leave a positive review for us in the App Store. It makes a huge difference to us as Indie Developers. Thank you!
If you're experiencing any problems or are not happy, just let us know (email@example.com) and we'll make it right.
- The Strongbox Team
Ratings and Reviews
If its not Tim Apple’s #1 passcode manager, it should be!
Having purchased my first Apple device (ipad mini5) in 2020, I was looking for a solid password manager to run my kdbx files. I narrowed it down to two choices: Strongbox and Keepassium. Since they both offered free trials, I evaluated them side by side. Both developers are responsive professionals and both have created fine applications. Ultimately, I deleted Keepassium and chose to purchase a pro lifetime subscription to Strongbox. I am highly satisfied with Mark’s app. The deciding factor was simple: my eye preferred the sexy look and slick feel of Strongbox. It runs perfectly, it’s easy to use, and does exactly what I need it to do while maintaining bomb proof security. Even though it is more work, I choose to manually sync the database files with my Tresorit account. But Strongbox does feature auto-sync compatibility with other cloud storage companies if I change my mind. Thank you so much for creating (and maintaining) such a exceptional application! It is one of my all time favorites because it’s a solid and indispensable app for serious users.
Developer Response ,
Wow, thank you so much for this wonderfully written and detailed review. We're all very stoked you like the app, and it really means a lot to receive reviews like this. Thank you for your support.
Best option for iOS
As a KeePass power user (over 900 entries), I am on the prowl for the most safe, user-friendly, and reliable KeePass app on iOS. Originally a MiniKeePass user, it started to fail me when I was locked out of my own database because MiniKeePass did not support Argon2 encryption algorithm. Luckily, I searched on Reddit's /r/KeePass subreddit, and found StrongBox was on the list of official recommendations for iOS. Sure enough, not only did it support Argon2 encryption, but it offered a whole host of nitfy features that MiniKeePass lacked, such as FaceID unlock (humongous game-changer in saving time from punching in passwords), easily visible TOTP token keys that you can copy & paste, and also Favicons that are preserved. I cannot express how impressed I am with StrongBox, it's the level of functionality and features that reminds me of Android's KeePass2Android, but even superior. Do yourself a favor and grab the Pro version, and support this wonderful developer! Being open-sourced, vetted, and safe is important to me, and StrongBox checks all these boxes.
I would highly recommend to my family and friends.
Developer Response ,
Wow, really appreciate this review! Thank you for such a detailed report, I'm very happy you like the app! All the best, -Mark
Hands down the #1 KeePass password manager!
I switched from MiniKeePass to Strongbox when MiniKeePass was removed from iOS. The transition was simple since all I had to do was import my database and I was up and running. Right away I knew I should have been on Stongbox a long time ago. This app is the best keepass app out there. It’s clean and super intuitive . I installed the OS X version on my MBP as well. Even though I do not use iCloud for my database storage, it is still great to have that as an option. This helps the user experience be seamless for Apple users. Using the pro features has been a game changer! Being able to open the app with FaceId on the phone and use my AppleWatch to authenticate on my MBP, has 100% helped my workflow. I try and have long, unique, and secure passwords. Strongbox allows me to quickly access and copy my data. I love the auto favicon download feature too. It’s the little things. If your like me and you’re a keepass person, I cannot recommend both the iOS and OSX apps of Strongbox.
Developer Response ,
Very kind! Thank you so much!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Phoebe Code Limited
- 30.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Phoebe Code Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Strongbox Pro (Yearly) $18.99
- Strongbox Pro (Monthly) $3.99
- Little Tip $4.99
- Small Tip $9.99
- Medium Tip $19.99
- Large Tip $49.99
- Yearly Tip $19.99
- Monthly Tip $2.99
- Huge Tip $99.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.