Ancient Battle: Hannibal is the newest edition to the Ancient Battles series. Experience the magnificence of the Punic Wars, as you follow Hannibal on his crucial campaign against Rome. Based upon, and a major upgrade to, the game system developed for Ancient Battle: Rome, a game that was the No.1 strategy game on the App Store in 8 different countries. Ancient Battle: Hannibal introduces many new game features including multi-level hills to elevate your strategic opportunities when commanding vast armies.
Fight the battles of the Second Punic War between Carthage and Rome. Each campaign is themed around battles between Hannibal's armies and their cunning opponents in the four geographical regions of Italy, Spain, Sicily and Africa. Hannibal's inspired tactics and leadership made him one of Rome's most dangerous enemies and possibly the greatest general of all time. Can you match his achievements on the battlefield?
Key Game Features:
- High Definition Ancient Era Graphics.
- 7 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign ending with a unique skirmish battle.
- 4 Mission 'Sicily' campaign, featuring battles from the First Punic War, including the battle of Bagradas.
- 8 Mission 'Italy' campaign featuring the decisive battles of Lake Trasimene and Cannae.
- The 'Africa' and 'Spain' campaigns are available via in-app purchase.
- All missions, except the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
- 38 Unique Ancient units including Roman Hastati, Spanish Scutarii, Bolt Throwers and Elephants.
- Four classes of infantry: Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
- Detailed Combat Analysis.
- Flank Attacks
- Strategic Movement.
- Hours of Gameplay.
Purchasable Extra Content:
- 4 Mission 'Africa' campaign, featuring Hannibal's major defeat at the great battle of ‘Zama’.
- 6 Mission 'Spain' campaign, ending the with battle of Ilipa.
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
© 2014 HexWar Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.
Fix: Some UI scaling issues fixed.
Change: Added light infantry setting which allows light infantry to move through other units and other units to move through light infantry.
Fix: Issue with some units which have throwing weapons in hand it showed a ranged weapon capability in error.
Change: When a unit kills an apposing unit in melee combat it will advance into the defeated units hex.
Ratings and Reviews
The game is awesome, I have extremely enjoyed it. Hope there is more to come in the ancient battle category.
Good basic game
Graphics could be better. Good play with combining cavalry tactics and infantry assaults. Wish cavalry skirmishes could launch javelins and then move not just move and throw but throw and then move
Great little strategy war game
There used to be a PC game called Great Battles of Hannibal that I loved. This is that game reengineered on iPhone.
- Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- 639.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Spain Campaign $1.99
- Africa Campaign $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.