Avaz Lite is an AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) app that provides a voice for children with Autism and other complex communication needs. Avaz is a full-featured AAC app PLUS a training layer for caregivers.
PRAISE FOR AVAZ
“Avaz is like getting an AAC app and a personal therapist in one”– Heather H, SLP, Smart Apps for Kids
“Avaz is...a really great way to skill up a team surrounding an AAC user, providing more opportunities for the user themselves to become more successful”–Jane Farrall
Avaz has been featured in a TED talk and also listed on MIT’s Top 35 Innovations.
Avaz is a full-featured, therapist-endorsed AAC app with an additional training layer to equip parents & caregivers with the strategies involved in therapy. Avaz is also a great learning and speech therapy tool for children with Down Syndrome, Angelman Syndrome, Aspergers and other non-verbal conditions. Avaz offers so much in one app, yet is intuitive and easy-to-use.
Avaz has set vocabulary with pictures (Symbolstix) and voice recordings (Ivona) to help your child create messages through touch. You can also customize the vocabulary for the child, by taking pictures and recording voices through Avaz.
• Widest symbol set and the most natural voices: Avaz has more than 15000 symbols in its Symbolstix vocabulary and the voices are from Ivona
• Research-based: The research-based pragmatic vocabulary and core word sets in Avaz enhance the child’s communication skills
• Avaz offers a free download for you to see how the app meets the child’s speech needs
• Vocabulary that grows with your child: The vocabulary is arranged into 3 grades, with a consistent layout and motor patterns and quick access to frequently used sentences. The 3 grades ensure that the Vocabulary grows with that of the child.
• Visualize your child's progress: Track the child's communication development, and visualize it through rich, easy-to-understand graphs and charts.
• Safety: Backup and restore vocabulary and settings using iTunes and Dropbox
• Easy learning: Learning is easier with word prediction pictures and text
• Scientifically built to enable the child to learn faster and recall better: Reinforce the word selection with animation, so that the child is able to learn and recall better. Color-coding with the Fitzgerald key makes Avaz consistent with other special-ed materials in the child's classroom.
• Easy access to words: Quickly search for words in the vocabulary with the instant search bar
• AAC that you can use even without an iPad: Print out the child's vocabulary as a book, which you can carry. Make AAC truly a part of the child's life, even when the battery runs out.
• The fastest, easiest customization in any AAC app: Personalize Avaz in seconds with the words from the child’s daily life. You can add multiple words into Avaz in a few seconds.
• Learn the child's language - right within the app: Get ideas for conversations you can have with the child to develop their language skills, beyond just requesting. Learn strategies to engage the child and speed up communication development - in a simple, practical way.
• Integrate AAC in the child's life: Create more communication opportunities into the child's life, one activity at a time, through an activity-based dashboard. You will get conversation ideas, strategies, and modeling training for the most frequent activities of daily living.
• A bridge to literacy: The powerful Avaz keyboard is always just one tap away. It is the bridge to the child’s literacy.
For questions or comments about the special speech therapy app, Avaz Lite, reach out to us at email@example.com ( 1 business day turnaround time, guaranteed)
Users get full access to pictures and high quality voices FREE for the first one week. After that users can buy a monthly auto-renewing subscription to pictures and audio for 9.99 USD (per month) or do a one time purchase for 199.99 USD
Avaz Live is now fully functional and easily accessible!
Start an Avaz Live session and connect remotely with a therapist or a parent. You will be able to share your screen and remote control the other person's Avaz app to help them add vocabulary and modify settings to suit their need.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice education app
Nice education app with clear cut signs to illustrate the meaning of what children need to be taught, I'd like to recommend to improve the signs to make the app better and better, thanks for releasing the great app.
Thanks for the updates with lot of new features, keep the great work on and on please!
Is every slow to load
HI I GOT IS APP AND IS TAKING A LONG TIME TO LOAD ON MY KID IPAD THAT ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THIS APP
Developer Response ,
We're extremely sorry to note that you're having an issue with the app loading on your kid's iPad. Not sure what you mean by that ,since we've not heard this from any one else! Do you mean "opening" the app or "downloading" the app? It could be due to a poor internet connectivity or insufficient space on your iPad, etc. In any case, I request you to please send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with more details, supported by videos of the issue; our Support team will do its best to sort things out quickly for you!
Good app :) I like it
Good app :) I like it. It allows children with complex communication needs to choose from an extensive list of core words and research based vocabulary to maximize their ability to communicate and it helps improve communication through interactive speech therapy sessions
- Avaz, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © Avaz Inc. 2018-19
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Subscription $199.99
- Avaz Auto Renewing Subscription $9.99
- Avaz Yearly Subscription $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.