* SUPPORT Auro's new RPG-like Quest Expansion on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dinofarmgames/the-auro-quest-expansion
* Also, do you want Auro on Steam? Vote it up on GREENLIGHT here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=455113188
All bump. No grind.
* iPhone 6/6+ users: there's currently a bug that causes the display to appear all janky! We're really sorry about that and a hotfix is on its way! Thanks for your patience. *
Dinofarm Games - creators of 100 Rogues - are pleased to present the critically-acclaimed Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure.
TouchArcade ***** - "Auro is one of the rare games in this genre that should please both beginners and experts alike."
Pocket Tactics ***** - "It wants you to see how clever it is, and to show you how clever you are."
Auro introduces a whole new kind of gameplay: Bumping! What's that? Why, it's the strategic use of movement, magic spells, and straight-up bumping to kill monsters to gain points, and become a master Bumper!
Set in an original fantasy universe, guide the brash, spoiled Prince Auro through procedurally generated dungeons, with only a handful of tactical spells - and your wits - to protect you.
Face a variety of monsters, each with their own cool tactical abilities, and then when they least expect it - give 'em a healthy bump - STRAIGHT INTO THE DRINK!
• Procedurally generated maps meaning you'll never face the same challenge twice
• PLAY MODE lets you build up your Rank over time, like an online matchmaking ladder!
• Deep, interesting, and balanced system of gameplay - you can get better at Auro for years
• Crazy emergent complexity! You'll constantly surprise yourself with what's possible
• Nine unique spells that are the result of years of careful balance and testing
• Quick, no-nonsense gameplay.
• 10 Tutorial levels to show you the basics, plus 10 unlockable advanced Tutorials
• Detailed stat-tracking on our RECORDS screen
• A whole cast of colorful and interesting monsters who will give you somethin' to think about!
• The entire game is made up of vibrant, hand-made and fully animated pixel art
• An original thematic soundrack
• Designed from the ground up for use on touchscreens
• Comes with a tutorial, a web manual, a how-to-play gameplay video, and more ways to help you learn
• From Dinofarm Games, the creators of the hit dungeon-crawler 100 Rogues
Requires iOS7 or greater.
Learn more at www.auro-game.com !
Please come say hello at the Dinofarm Forums: http://www.dinofarmgames.com/forum/index.php
The official manual: http://auro-game.com/manual/
Dinofarm Games official site: http://www.dinofarmgames.com
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter at @DinofarmGames!
Like the music? Buy the soundtrack! https://dinofarmgames.bandcamp.com/
Version 1.31 Patch Notes
- Added a Kickstarter icon to the game - support us on Kickstarter!
- Fixed some touch map issues. Sorry if you were having a lot of misclicks before!
- Smoothed out the Ranks and added more (there are now 4 Easy, 5 Normal and 5 Hard ranks before Master).
- Slightly more monster variation throughout
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Interesting but finicky
Found this game because of the author's podcast. He wants feedback so here goes:
User interface clunky, text hard to read. Graphics, C-. Game concept interesting but confusing and hard to differentiate/remember what does what. Tutorial lacking and doesn't prepare you well. Infuriating that I am in a timed game, need to plan my moves, and yet cannot see more than a few hexes.
Keith you are obviously a smart dude, but you seldom talk about what the player feels, play testing, or your collaborators. I watched a Sid Meier 2010 keynote and that's mostly what he talks about.
Better understanding the psychology behind the player might aid you if you want future efforts to be more popular. (Episode 26). Good luck man. I'm going to give Auro a few more tries on my next flight.
this “anti-Angry Birds” may be the best game for the iPhone/iPad
In this age of flashy, distracting but meaningless mobile games, it’s rare to see a game that’s actually fun, let alone inventive. Auro manages to do both. Give it a shot.
In this turn-based strategy game, you play as a little blond prince who defeats enemies by bumping them into water or pillars of flame. Different spells can do anything from shoot rows of fire to turn you into a raging yeti.
The game can take a while to get into. The art design is unusual, and the spells don’t seem to always make sense at first (launching a fireball on top of an enemy, the instinctual move of almost any other game, is often a wrong choice here—instead you aim to the left of an enemy to knock him into a pit).
Keep at it though, and you’ll find that there’s a lot of internal logic and a great deal of thought and love put into making a nearly perfect strategy game. Easily worth the $5.
Nice pixel art, still feels low-quality
Good game, nice pixel art. Sad, sad, sad that so many of the pixels are blurry. I guess it doesn't play well with the iPad's native resolution. Those combined with the black bars on the side make this feel like a low-quality, cheap game, not the pixel art itself. Too bad that such a nice game with nice art has these visual issues.
- Dinofarm Games, LLC
- 64.9 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Dinofarm Games LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.