Monodraw allows you to easily create text-based art (like diagrams, layouts, flow charts) and visually represent algorithms, data structures, binary formats and more. Because it's all just text, it can be easily embedded almost anywhere.
* A picture is worth a thousand words. A diagram is probably worth twice as much. Enhance your technical documentation (code, specs) with easy to comprehend textual art. Visualisation of data structures, algorithms and data formats plays a crucial role in understanding. You will be reading the code more often than writing it, so why not make it much easier to grasp.
* Easily create text banners with just a single click. FIGlet is built into Monodraw and we bundle 148 fonts as standard (custom ones are supported, too). You can interactively resize the text box, change the font and adjust the alignment – no need for a terminal.
* Combine the simplicity of plain text with the power of mind mapping. Monodraw gives you the freedom to manage your textual data exactly the way you want. Move text around anywhere in the infinite canvas – no need to be constrained by the linear structure of a text file.
* Do you deal with databases? Then you know how useful entity-relationship diagrams can be. Visually describe your data model with a simple ER diagram. Monodraw supports Crow's Foot notation in three different variants to suit your personal preference.
* Monodraw is powered by a custom CoreText-based text engine giving you precise control over the layout. You can adjust the alignment, position, line sweep direction and line movement. Adding a border around your text is only a click away, too.
* The line tool makes connecting shapes as easy as pie. Orthogonal and staircase lines are supported with the ability to set a line dash pattern. Attachment points allow you to dynamically attach your lines to other shapes so that you don't have to re-arrange them each time you move things around.
* The rectangle tool can be used to create all kinds of boxes which are the most commonly used element in text art. Specify border or a background with just a few clicks. Oh, you can add shadows, too! Last but not least, custom attachment points will help you attach your lines at exactly the right place.
* The basic drawing tools that you would expect make their usual appearance. The Pencil, the Eraser and the Bucket Fill are all indispensable when it comes to producing textual art.
- Added support for Apple Silicon M1
- Fixed bug in "Paste Raw" functionality
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Overjoyed Factory Gamer
I am a big fan of videogames like Factorio and Satisfactory. These are games that are about resource collection/management in the form of building large factories to automate resource production and refinement.
I grabbed Monodraw to provide me with a tool to plan out and theorize more efficient automated systems in my factories. The features allowing me to group together production lines, and copy and past them for duplication has allowed me to plan out basic systems that I can copy then paste to quickly create more complex systems made of of multiple basic systems.
I judge software largely on the basis of how seamless it feels to use. At no point in my planning have I felt like my planning is slowed down by needing to learn how to use Monodraw. The interface is very intuitive and doesn't "get in your way."
If I were to have one complaint/request. At this time I cannot seem to zoomout any further than 75%. This is not a huge issue, but would be nice for being able to see the entirety of a designed system without needing to pan around.
Fantastic for comments, documents, etc.
Monodraw is the perfect tool for creating graphics in traditionally text-only contexts. I use it when writing documentation where I need to include diagrams, but the documentation must be embedded in a programming source file, or a Markdown document, both of which only support text.
This tool is great for software developers, product managers, and tech folks to write documentation and throw simple diagrams into release notes. I am really enjoying the tool. Feature rich and easy to use. Bravo.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.