Star Nomad is an arcade top-down 2D sandbox space-adventure-sim. It was created as a tribute to classic spacesims of old such as Elite, Wing Commander Privateer, Escape Velocity and Freelancer. If you are a fan of these games, then you're in for a nostalgic ride!
* Simple one-touch intuitive UI, no digital joysticks, just smooth easy flight & fight with one-touch!
* Be a Cargo runner.
* Be a Mercenary unleashing firepower for wealth!
* Be a Miner seeking rare ores.
* Be a Merchant trading in goods!
* Be a Smuggler dealing in lucrative drugs & evade the law!
* Be a Pirate attacking merchant ships, become infamous & fight for anarchy!
* Join huge multi-faction Fleet Battles!
* Dynamic faction standing system, where your actions will determine friends or foes.
* Multiple ship classes to fly, including drone carriers & the mighty Yamato Battleship!
* All ships are up-gradable with modules.
In Star Nomad, you roam free in the Wildlands Sector while immersed in a sci-fi noir setting rich in humor. While a sandbox, it's also story driven with a personal plot inspired by classic cyberpunk such as Blade Runner, Johnny Mnemonic & Gundam that puts you right in the pilot seat to determine the outcome of an escalating corporate war!
There is no perma-death, but there is a death penalty, so take care! When your ship blows up, the life-pod will be rescued & towed to a safe location. Insurance will give you a starter ship, and payout to cover most modules, however, the excess can be expensive.
Below the Star Map, there's a dynamic faction standing indicator (green = ally, crosshair = enemy). Your actions will change the way the four major factions treat you.
Happy to receive feedback via email (email@example.com) or twitter @AH_Phan
Rebuilt with an engine update to support modern devices and iOS 11 & 12+
* Fixed random crashes and crashes on startup on iOS 11+
* Fixed a fullscreen bug
* Fixed music and sound bugs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I've only just begun playing, but it is very promising so far. I can see myself spending a lot of time in this place. Controls are fairly simple to figure out and handle well enough. I like the contributions of the NPCs, both the space-operatic and the helpful ones. No save issues (I have 1.something gigs free). I was mildly surprised that upon a restart, only my general location (system) appeared to be saved, not the fact that I was at a particular station. Not a big deal, just a bit surprised. Moreover, this game features a key quality I look for in a game (besides no IAP:) it clearly was made with care. Thank you.
A well-crafted game that draws you in despite being 2d. I think the music is great as well. The gameplay is like Galaxy on Fire 2 with some elements that are like Elite Dangeorous.
Really really want to like it...but...
The game has SO much potential. Like it a lot but...for a small size game it uses a TON of battery and processing. The game after 5-10 minutes heats my iPad Air 2 (yes, the latest) hotter then a brick. Not sure if it has a memory leak or bad optimization but it could be damaging during longer plays. Lot of fun, but until fixed I can't play it much.
Dev...you got a good review on TouchArcade. Please fix your app I think it has so much potential.
- Anh Huy Phan
- 40.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 Anh Huy Phan
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.