Calculate. Comment. Correct.
CalcTape is a revolutionary new kind of pocket calculator. With CalcTape, also extensive calculations remain clearly structured. CalcTape makes the arithmetic process visible - you can generate intermediate results and subsequently correct or change all numbers and operations.
- Input a long list of values to be calculated and never lose the overview - just like with an adding machine / calculator with paper tape.
- Insert comments and notes into your calculations anywhere.
- You can use intermediate results to structure your calculation.
- Use it for Money, Tax and any other percentage calculation easily.
- If you should later change digits or whole mathematical expressions, then the complete calculation is automatically updated.
- Insert new lines or delete lines inside of your calculations and see the updated results immediately.
- Save your calculations into files.
- Open the files later to change the calculations.
- Define your own functions and buttons.
- Share your complete calculation via e-mail, Airdrop and more.
- Print your calculation.
- Choose your favorite design.
- iCloud support (Mac OS 10.10 and higher). Sync your calculations with iPhone and iPad easily.
- CalcTape masters the four basic arithmetical operations, exponentials, percentage calculations and much more.
CalcTape, more than a calculator.
- Start a new calculation on the same sheet by simply tapping the "=" key twice.
- Right click a button to assign another existing function or to create a user function for it.
- If you accidentally hit "AC" you can use "Undo" to get your calculation back.
fixed an issue with text colors on Mojave
Ratings and Reviews
Best Calculator App - Quick and Easy to Use
I have been using this app for quite a long time now. It has an easy and clear user interface. The paper tape is what makes this the best calculator; you can see everything that you’ve entered on the tape, you can even go back and correct anything that you entered incorrectly and it will update the calculation. I like to keep notes as to why I am making a calculation and this tape allows you to add text to the right of entries and even type in a title before you start a calculation. Another great feature is that the tape can be saved. Love this! If I need to go back and check how I calculated some accounting or budget entry, I can just find the tape that I saved for those entries (you choose how to name the file) and I can check how I came about the results.
Very flexible, easy to use, clear entries. I know it has other features I haven’t used, but for those who need more advanced features like adding local taxes automatically or sending your tape to your notes program, it appears those are easy to use too.
The app is nice. I like the visual of the ‘running tape’ string of numbers to check my work. I like the variables one is able to set up.
My only complaint so far is how to get an update from v. 1.1.1 Purchased on the Apple App Store to the newer v. 1.1.2?
I emailed the company and they replied that I would get the update through the Apple App Store. I don’t see an update option anywhere.
updates should be handled via the AppStore-App on your Mac.
If you purchased V1.1.1, the update to 1.1.2 is free.
schoettler Software GmbH”
**UPDATE: I now have Version 1.3.0 and all is good in the world. Well, maybe not the entire globe. I find this app to be especially great at keeping a running log for my checkbook as well as previous accounting events. I find the app extremely easy to use with a good user interface. I would like to have the ability to enter Text along-side numerical entries without having to avoid any character that might be used in the numerical column. For instance (/, *, -) are not able to be entered as text when writing a Comment as they will jump back to the numerical column and initiate an action.
I have been using this applicagtion for a while now and like it very much. I can save tapes when I want to and add a new tape for other calculations when I need one. I especially like the preset button to add my local tax and the option to create an additional tax button in my buttons. I also like the features to print, or send to notes, text, etc. so I can save any tape I want.
- schoettler Software GmbH
- 1.2 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 schoettler Software GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.