Secretly communicate with people on stage. Speak into your iPhone and large written words appear on iPads hidden in props or footlights. Actors, musicians, and speakers discreetly read this unscripted information during live events without anyone noticing. As a result they appear more competent, spontaneous, and on time. Unlimited distance and devices.
How it works:
Open this app on multiple devices. Hold one upright and type or speak. Hide the others sideways on stage and everything appears there in huge scrolling letters Teleprompter-style. Unlimited distance! It’s a Teleprompter that ate an Instant Messenger.
Why it helps:
This year alone, InstaPrompter helps over 16,000 actors remember 200,000 forgotten lines during live performances. It assists 9,000 speakers answering 34,000 unplanned questions at press conferences. It prevents 22,000 comedians from going over time and forgetting the next act’s name. And it's “misused” 68,000 times to announce drink-specials at bars.
Who it’s for:
For those who need to be reached but aren’t supposed to look at a phone. Be it on stage or in front of cameras. Stage managers and theatrical professionals will love that the stage intercom system finally extends onto stage to improve live productions, saving time and money.
What it excels at:
*Super easy to use and set up *Words appear as you type to save valuable seconds. *Unlimited reach thanks to cloud-streaming. *Voice recognition for lousy typers. *Blink, color-change, gong for cues and announcements. *Passworded stream so you can use any borrowed iPhone, iPad, A**roid, and volunteers who simultaneously prompt onto stage. *Yeah, it can stream pix and use your camera. *Dimmable fake notepad-look so you can sit in the audience and pretend to be a journalist instead of an autocue operator. *Invertible type for mirror reading and teleprompter rigs. *No Wifi or Bluetooth required; 3G is fine: Prompt from another country! *AirPlay support for large screens and projectors to misuse the app for dynamic signage and live subtitling at events.
You’ll love it!
Watch the video on http://www.instaprompter.com
This paid app has NO ads. The previous free version from 2015 has ads which you can remove via IAP for the same price as this paid app.
No more ads starting January 2016. Voice to text improvements. iOS9 integration.
- Voice to text now allows you to speak into your phone backstage and large written words appear on iPads hidden on stage. You can still type if you want.
- Only one app required: InstaPrompter is now universal and can send or receive messages in real-time from one and the same app.
- Vertical and horizontal operation: Open this app on multiple devices. Hold one upright (looks like note pad) and type or speak. Hide the others sideways on stage (looks like a Teleprompter) and everything appears there in huge scrolling letters Teleprompter-style.
- Cross compatible with And*oid so your entire team can participate and cheap tablets can be permanently built into props.
- AirPlay support for large screens and projectors to use the app for dynamic signage and live subtitling at events.
- Camera access: Shoot photos right from the app and have them appear on iPads or huge screens a few moments later. Custom graphics in your photo roll can be sent in real-time too.
- Interface enhancements so you can permanently install a tablet on stage, in a Teleprompter rig, or inside a prop and still access stream settings and colors easily.
- Speed enhancements: Even a lousy 3G or LTE connection will display words as you speak or type, giving you unlimited range, independence from WiFi, and thus superior reliability.
- New dimmable fake notepad-look so you can sit in the audience and pretend to be a journalist instead of a prompter. The dimmer prevents distracting light-spills, yet maintains high legibility similar to night mode in e-book readers.
- New super-low-light Teleprompter display setting for really dark sets, talent with reflective props or glasses, and secret use in press conferences.
- Stream permanence: Only enter your stream name the first time you open the app and your device will remember it next time you start InstaPrompter. You can switch streams and passwords in settings.
- Quicker first-run: One single input box serves as a stream-creator and/or a login box so you can borrow phones or use volunteers without wasting time.
- New tutorial videos explain every feature. Not that you need them because the app is extremely intuitive to use. But your boss might want to be convinced how cool this product is.
- The app now speaks 18 languages (in settings and when in action) so touring companies can instantly involve local stage- and tech staff: Danish, Dutch, English, Filipino, Finnish, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great for live shows
When hosting corporate gigs and opening nights this saves my behind. I can finally be reached on stage without having to check the wings or rely on antiquated red/green lights. It makes me look better and improves the overall flow of the show and it's SIMPLE AND FAST. Highly recommended if you do any kind of theater work!
I just got the app, and it is working great! Wish I would have had it for my show last night:(
Worst app ever
Insanely buggy. Never syncs with devices properly. Even worse, paid $20 for the app and now they’ve added ads! Look for another teleprompter solution elsewhere.
- 5.7 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Hottrix LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Additional Stream with No Ads $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.