Écorché assistant is a tool designed for anyone interested in constructing an écorché sculpture. It includes all the necessary information to construct the skeleton with good proportions and then put muscles on it. It is the blueprint of the digital écorché shown on www.EcorcheByAlexander.com
It can also be used as a tool for anyone who wants to constructing the human figure, in either digital or traditional medium.
IT IS DESIGNED FOR IPADS WITH RETINA RESOLUTION (2048 x 1536 px: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3)
- Proportions (in "heads") of the male figure. (Full body views on the same page!)
- Skeletal system overview. (Full body views on the same page!)
- Views of individual bones.
- Muscular system overview. (Full body views on the same page!)
- Views and illustrations of individual muscles and information like origin, insertion and action.
- Cross-sections of the musculoskeletal system.
- Muscle layers of each body part (!!), designed for écorché done in clay.
- Illustrations of all movements of the joints and the muscles that moves them.
- All illustrations are consistent in this App - the same 3d model was used to render all the images.
How will Écorché assistant help me?
Many people who tries to construct an écorché encounters annoying issues like:
- Flipping between several large scale anatomy books with one hand while at the same time trying to sculpt with the other hand.
- Carrying heavy reference material back and forth between the home and the studio.
- Texts saying one thing but the illustrations showing something else.
- Lack of consistency regarding the illustrations.
- Lack of necessary views of the bodyparts, bones, individual muscles, muscle layes, cross-sections etc.
- Takes too much time to find specific information like origin, insertion and action of individual muscles.
- To not know in which order to add the muscles.
- Anatomy texts written by people who never build an écorché themselves.
All these issues has been ELIMINATED WITH THIS APP!
Who created Écorché assistant?:
Écorché assistant was created by sculptor and designer Alexander Kafoussias. He has created écorchés in both clay and digital medium for many years.
Please visit www.EcorcheByAlexander.com for more information and renderings of the original 3d écorché.
Please note: The app does not contain a 3d model.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
A gallery has been added to the app. It includes 37 images of the écorché from different views and with different poses.
Ratings and Reviews
Interesting and helpful but.....
After purchasing, downloading and browsing a couple of times the site only opened to a title page and was locked. Could not get to any images at all.
The developer, Alexander Kafoussias, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Alexander Kafoussias
- 775.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Alexander Kafoussias 2014
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.