iUSBridges is a mobile application by Michael Baker International that:
• Helps to find bridges nearby, or along driving route
• Explore details of each bridge
• Share feedback and photos of bridges through popular social networking application Facebook
• Save your favourite bridges
• Allows to add to the favorite list
• Uses data published in FHWA web site for the year 2015
The application has functions to search based on State, County, Congressional District, Status or Year constructed. The results are shown on a map as well as in a table.
The application supports geo-fencing functionality where bridges can be searched along a driving route. The radius search option allows finding nearby (within the specified buffer) bridges of a location.
Please note that the data published in the application is from FHWA web site for the year 2015.
A basic Quality Control task has been performed on the downloaded data to prevent display of structures that have erroneous location data. All NBI structures are still cataloged within the system and can be found by Structure Number.
Following are the QC checks that were executed.
• Bridges that are outside the boundaries of the United States of America and its territories
• Bridges that do not have valid location information
The iUSBridges integration with Facebook is currently basic allowing for sharing of bridge information to one’s Facebook page. A user is required to have a Facebook account for posting comments.
A Professional version is in development that enables users to:
• Capture and share photos directly within the app
• Add a new structure
• Provide corrections and updates to existing structure
• Utilize an expanded data filtering system on more NBI data fields
• Experience a more robust Facebook integration
This information is for bridge data sharing purpose only and not suitable for construction, bridge inspection, project planning and trip planning.
All information is provided “AS IS”, and iUSBridges®, companies associated with Michael Baker International, and its personnel, make no representations or warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, currency, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and accepts no liability for any use or misuse of the information or any responsibility for any reliance placed on the information. The use of the information for commercial purposes is not authorized. All raw bridge data are from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) National Bridge Inventory database (http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/bridge/nbi/ascii.cfm).
The user acknowledges that the bridge information cannot be guaranteed error free; the use of the bridge information is at the user’s sole risk.
Google Map API Key updated. iPhone X Support
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Michael Baker Corp
- 177.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Michael Baker International
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.