Geometry Ace is a fusion between a graphics based calculator and a geometry textbook. Detailed step-by-step solutions update as you create new math problems by changing the graphics. Learn vocabulary with unlimited examples. Try before you buy! Full functionality for Points and Lines including transformations and constructions. Preview for Segments, Rays, Angles, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Polygons, and Circles. Low cost in-app purchase upgrades to full function for all shapes. No ads!
*** Easy Start-up ***
• Simply choose shape to study.
• Shape will already be on the screen and all you have to do is start manipulating it.
• Learn vocabulary, choose from list of tutorials, perform transformations, or create a construction.
*** Detailed problem solutions update as you change the graphics. ***
• You are not limited to a set of pre-written or randomly generated problems.
• Geometry Ace does not simply calculate lengths and areas for you. It shows you step-by-step how to do it!
*** Includes introductory material and makes connections with algebra. ***
• Introductory material appropriate for upper elementary students is included.
• Helps with differentiation. Middle and high school students who need a refresher can review introductory topics.
• Algebra topics needed for coordinate geometry are included.
• Introductory topics include coordinates of a point, finding slope, and writing the equation of a line.
• Answers to problems are given in fraction form when possible.
• Solutions address common student misconceptions and give attention to detail.
*** Interactive definitions ***
• Relevant definitions highlight interactively as you drag points and lines to change the shape on the screen to meet various attributes.
• Example: A triangle can be obtuse, oblique, and scalene.
• Example: A polygon can be concave and irregular.
• Definitions are inclusive. Example: A quadrilateral that is a rectangle is also a parallelogram and a trapezoid.
*** Transformations: Rotations, Reflections, and Translations ***
• Easily change degrees of rotation, center of rotation, line of reflection, and translation vector.
• Point mapping is shown!
• Perform successive transformations on the same object.
*** Constructions ***
• Includes points, lines, segments, circles, perpendicular lines, parallel lines, tangents, and angle bisectors.
• Easily make attachments to points, lines, circles, intersections, and midpoints.
*** Monitor Students ***
• Teachers can view student’s iPad screens who are on the same local wifi network and running this app.
Note: LT version has full function for points and lines only. Other shapes are in preview mode.
Distance between points
Equation of line/ray/segment
Distance between point and line
Construct or write equation of parallel or perpendicular line
Segment midpoint and length
Construct or write equation of perpendicular bisector
Intersection point of 2 lines
Alternate interior angles
Alternate exterior angles
Same side interior angles
Vertex, Legs, Interior, Measure
Acute, Right, Obtuse, Straight, Reflex
Convert between degrees/radians
Construct or write equation for angle bisector
Congruent, Adjacent, Complimentary, Supplementary, Linear Pair, Vertical
Acute, Obtuse, Right, Oblique, Equilateral, Isosceles, Scalene
Area – basic elementary
Area – coordinate plane - algebra
Area – box method
Centroid, Circumcenter, Incenter
Square, Rectangle, Rhombus, Parallelogram, Trapezoid, Kite
Triangle, Quadrilateral, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Nonagon, Decagon
Sum of interior angles
Radius, Diameter, Tangent, Secant, Chord
Measure and length of an arc
Area of a sector
Provides easy in-app purchase option to upgrade to the fully functional Geometry Ace version.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Mother of high school students
Very nice app! Looks like it has many great features for working with and analyzing geometric shapes.
Great tool for geometry classes
Many features in free version. Helpful documentation and tips. How to videos on YouTube are a good supplement. I really wish I had this app when I took geometry class. It makes constructions much easier. I tried some of the competing apps and this one is by far the best with great customer service too.
- Interactive Mindware LLC
- 30.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Interactive Mindware LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full Function Upgrade $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.