Come join Tiggly in an underwater world of vowel exploration and new word discovery! A hungry octopus, a tinkering turtle, and sea of vowel fish are just some of the hilarious characters you’ll meet and interact with in the app. Tiggly Submarine helps develop children’s understanding of simple words and short vowel sounds.
From the team at Tiggly – the creators of the beloved award winning Tiggly Chef and many other apps.
- Visit turtle’s house
- Join octopus on her picnic
- See who is riding the mysterious elevator
- Use your vowel activated vacuum to help free some unlikely characters from the ocean cave
- Make a colorful and silly sea of vowel fish using your Tiggly Words toys
- Learn short vowel sounds while you make vowel fish
- Learn about short vowel sounds at the beginning of words as you operate the undersea elevator
- Detect short sounds in the middle of words as you knock on the turtles door to see what he is up to next
- Create words with short sound vowels at the beginning or middle of them as you feed the hungry octopus
- Identify short sounds in the middle of character’s names as you rescue them from the ocean cave with your submarines vacuum
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
- No third party advertising
- No in-app purchases
(enhanced by Tiggly Words)
Kids love Tiggly Submarine as a standalone learning app, but better yet they can stretch their learning with Tiggly Words connected toys that interact with your tablet (sold separately)
- Tiggly Words is a revolutionary early literacy learning toy for 4 to 8 year old children.
- Tiggly Words are five vowel toys, safe for your child and your tablet, that physically interact with three parent- and educator-approved learning apps for the iPad – including Tiggly Submarine, Tiggly Tales, and Tiggly Doctor.
- No Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or batteries needed - just touch the screen with toys and apps react in real-time.
- With your purchase of Tiggly Words you will receive $3 discount on Tiggly Words toys. Make sure to get yours with Apple Pay inside the app!
The Tiggly team is made up of PhDs, MBAs, parents, grandparents, uncles, and aunts who want to help parents introduce their children to the digital world in an easy yet educational way. Our educator-designed tablet toys interact with our learning apps because we believe there is a powerful learning opportunity in the combination of physical and digital play. Our team collaborates with Grammy and Emmy-award winning creative talent to craft products that parents and children both love. Tiggly products are available in 20+ countries and in more than 300 Apple Store locations across four continents, in addition to specialty retailers worldwide.
- Optimized for iPad mini 4 and iPad Pro
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great for struggling kids!
I use this with my students who are struggling with letter/sound association as well as understanding word boundaries- it's great!
I paid full price and got the letters/numbers from Tiggly to make it multi-sensory and more meaningful for my kiddos.
Can't wait for Tiggly Words!!!
Love the new Submarine app added to the Tiggly family of apps. As a mother of two (infant and toddler), I love the fact that I can allow my child to play with my iPad without constant supervision and the knowledge that she’s engaged and learning. As a teacher, I loved using the Tiggly apps at first as a reward system and have recently started using the apps for my struggling tactile learners in small groups. The new Submarine app is so much fun that my daughter and I both didn’t realize she was learning her vowels and sight words. The characters are cute as always and the ocean setting is vivid and opens up the child’s aquatic imagination (I can’t wait until the Tiggly Words come out, the Tiggly manipulatives add a wonderful “hands-on” component that teachers always look for). The learning aspect of the app is also quite good, there is a bit of drilling and repetition that the kids don’t realize because it’s skillfully covered in play. I do believe that it will give my child a heads up in phonic awareness for preschool and give my students a solid phonic foundation and repetition they need through fun.
My 5 year daughter was so excited when she finally received the Tiggly Words & Math for Christmas. We finally set down to play & the stupid app doesn't recognize the toy pieces. I now have a child in tears because without use of the pieces the apps are not vey original. This was a total waste of money & a complete disappointment. Save your money!
- kidtellect Inc.
- 180.1 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Kidtellect Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.