NEW: Start earning when you go LIVE! Super Hearts are virtual gifts you can give and receive during live broadcasts.
Use Periscope to:
• Broadcast live video and interact with people through hearts and comments.
• Discover popular live video streams from around the world or search for broadcasts by location or topic.
• Give and receive Super Hearts to show support.
• Missed out on a live video? Don't worry — watch the best parts with replay highlights.
• Instantly share your live videos to Twitter and other social networks.
• Broadcast privately to specific followers or friends.
We squashed some bugs and made some improvements to make Periscope better for everyone.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Periscope offers live broadcasts with a twist—the ability to replay them at any time. Every video comes to life with a league of integrated social features: while watching streams, you’ll also see people join, leave hearts, comment in real time, and more. The app makes it super-simple to set your privacy settings too, so you’ll always know who you’re broadcasting to—whether it’s a small group of friends or the whole world.
Really enjoying periscope.
• Periscope via the Twitter Apple TV app. I just wish there were more features on the tv app like there is to the phone app. I would love to give stars, I would love to type in a question, etc in the tv app. But the tv app has a spinning globe UI feature which is really nice. It needs to be updated control wise. It it’s my favorite feature.
• The stand alone Periscope app terrible for discovery. Content is organized more by weird uninteresting topics instead of by country or people you follow. And most of the videos that have recently stopped broadcasting still show up as “offline”. Once a video has stopped streaming get rid of it immediately fill the space with a new one along the lines of the users preferences. I think Twitter should move the earth globe UI to the main stand alone Periscope app.
In all it’s a cool app just wish it wasn’t so schizophrenic, and that it had a more modern and tighter UI experience.
Periscope (Twitter) hypocrisy
I have two major complaints about this app.
First, there’s no search engine for feeds. You can choose suggested or recent, but then you have to scroll through a long list of feeds THEY choose to show you, there’s no way to choose by country, region, feed type, etc.
Second, their enforcement of their TOS is very hypocritical. They will shut down a feed or ban an account for any infraction except drug use and sex trafficking. If you smoke a bong or use narcotics on camera you’re fine, or if you advertise your Onlyfans (also owned by Twitter) sex page on the feed, you’re fine. You can also offer anything you want for payment through cash app and that’s perfectly ok. If you’re going to enforce your language and nudity violations, at least be consistent. Shut down the accounts that are blatantly selling themselves, unless of course making money off it through Onlyfans is more important, as it clearly appears with just a quick look through your site.
- Twitter, Inc.
- 86.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Twitter Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Starter Coin Package $0.99
- Booster Coin Package $2.99
- Champion Coin Package $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.