*An App Store 2016 Best App of the Year*
Take notes, add files, create checklists and sketches, record audio, and capture moments using Notebook. All your notes are instantly synced across your devices and to the cloud.
The simple, intimate joy of Notebook comes from using the app. We've been meticulous in our design, paying attention to every detail. Notebook is 100% free and ad-free. Web and Mac apps, plus a Web Clipper for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox are also available.
Notebook provides different ways to take notes and capture your thoughts.
- Write notes. Start with text, add images and sketches, checklists or audio, all in the same note.
- Add PDFs, word documents, spreadsheets, and more with the dedicated file note card.
- Create and mark checklists to get stuff done with the dedicated checklist note card.
- Record ideas, meetings, and lectures with the audio note card.
- Capture moments using the dedicated photo note card.
- Scan business cards, documents, and more.
- Sketch ideas and take hand written notes using your finger or Apple Pencil with the sketch note card.
Content added to Notebook gets intelligently formatted into beautiful, distinct cards.
- Recipe Card automatically pulls the recipe photo and description, creates a checklist for ingredients, and provides step-by-step cooking instructions. See zoho.com/notebook for supported sites.
- Video Card automatically pulls video preview and, once opened, plays in a distraction-free space. Works for YouTube and Vimeo.
- Link Card pulls headline or page title, along with the main image, creating a beautiful note card.
- You can organize various notes into notebooks.
- Notes can be grouped together.
- You can reorder your notes within a notebook.
- Move or copy note cards between notebooks.
- Link related notes to one another.
- Favorite notes to find them quickly.
- Synchronize all your notes and notebooks across devices and to the cloud.
- Take a note on one device, add to it from another.
- Swipe your notebook or note card for additional information.
- Pinch to group note cards into a stack.
- Flick to find the note cards you need.
- In landscape view, pinch to fold note cards like an accordion.
- Change the color of your note cards.
- Choose a notebook cover or create your own.
- View your note cards in either grid- or landscape-style views.
- Switch to a dark-themed Night Mode.
- Lock individual notebooks and notes with TouchID or a passcode.
- Search your notes within a notebook or across notebooks.
- Search for objects within photos, text within photos, and more.
- Set reminders to stay on top of things.
PERFECT NOTEBOOK FOR iOS
- Audio notes are automatically text searchable.
- Share notes with friends and colleagues through iMessage.
- Use Siri to dictate text and checklist notes and search for photo notes.
- Jot a note before it slips your mind with Quick Actions, using 3D Touch.
- Get to your most recent notes from the Notification Bar.
-Drag and drop notes and content across apps from Split View and Slide Over
-Take notes in Split View on iPad Pro
NOTEBOOK FOR APPLE WATCH
- Record audio notes from your Apple Watch.
- Scribble notes on your Watch.
- View recently created notes on your Watch.
- Create Public Notes with sharable links.
- Share your notes through email and other options.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Additional information about the app is available at zoho.com/notebook
We've fixed a few bugs and made a few enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great free app! I use it all the time
I've only had an iPhone for a little while but this is one of the best apps I've tried. I'm still finding out all the useful ways I can use it. I have everything from a grocery check list to all the crazy number of user names and passwords for the internet. I've started saving my favorite recipes and scanning my receipts as well. Every category getting its own notebook. Changing the covers to my own photos makes finding the right notebook quick and it's easy to use. It's a great little organization app. It's more than a basic check list or reminder list like I have used before but even for a beginner, with a little playing around and reading the tips I've found it to do more without having to spend a great deal of time figuring out how it works. You can import your own images for book covers but it would be great if more covers were already in the app for basic categories such as groceries, to do list or journals, just typical things that people are likely to want to create a notebook for. The more I use it the more I find it useful to have.
Very impressive - how is this app free!?!
The features are incredible and it is so easy to organize my notes, prose, poetry, recipes, whatever it is I need to save. This app is a million times better than Evernote, which is bloated and ugly and inefficient. I used Evernote for a year and all the while it was nothing but a hassle. Also, Evernote was painfully slow. The features of this app, however, are very intuitive and efficient. I love that you can group notes together by pinching them together *or* by doing a long press. If you want to ungroup them, but just pinch them apart and voila, out of the group. I could go on and on about the features of this app but there are so many cool and *useful* features that I don't have the time or space to do so. It is free! I would happily pay top dollar for this app but it's FREE. Give it a try, and if you're currently using Evernote and decide you like this app better (you will), there's an option to import all of your Evernote stuff. Definitely well worth it to give this app a try.
Text notes need MANY bug fixes
I’ve been using this app for nearly a year, and overall it’s pretty good. It supports a bunch of different activities well, and it only takes 5ish seconds to load. However, I don’t think I would want to recommend it to anyone because of how badly it handles text.
For example, if you have a text note that is longer than about 250 lines, attempting to select text scrolls up or down at about 40 lines per second, making it impossible to copy/paste/italicize/etc. If you try to access the app while talking to someone on the phone, nearly every UI element starts floating and becomes unusable. If you title any of your notes longer than 11 characters, it cuts off the rest. If you go to another app and come back to it, it removes all spaces in your current line and the cursor is placed to the start of the line. If the line above your current line is italicized, and you try to type anything before the first character on your current line, it will be italicized too despite being on a new line.
These have been the bugs that I have experienced most often, and they are incredibly frustrating. Unless they are fixed, I’m just going to use the regular notes app, as it actually handles text correctly.
- Zoho Corporation
- 212.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.