Let us guide you through the Pompeii Museum Excavation, and enrich your visit to the excavation site.
This guide covers 58 of the most important excavated structures in the Pompeii excavation. The guide offers a full description of every excavated building including 3D models or sketches of how the buildings used to look in their past glory.
Markings on the map shows where the structures are placed, and where your are accordingly to them.
Using TTS (text to speak) your smartphone will act as an audio guide and will read the texts out to you loud. The voice used, is the default TTS speaker voice, that is already installed on your device. All you need to do is to press “Play” at the bottom of a selected text, and the chosen text will be read out to you.
You can either use our predefined tour of the highlights of the area, or you can plan your own tour through the excavation site. Simply use the Tour Planner features to select the buildings you would like to see and then follow you own route through Pompeii.
The Pompeii app does not need for your device to be on-line in order to run - Once the app is downloaded and installed on your device, you can go off-line and still use the guide without any data transfer.
The Pompeii app will ask for your GPS position - However the data will not be stored in the app, or in anyway shared with external parties. The app will work without the GPS turned on, but then it will not show your position on the maps.
The app has no “add-ons” or "in app purchases", so all the features will be yours without extra fees.
The app is ongoing being updated and new features released.
Let us show you Pompeii, as it used to be…
Features included in the app:
- Description and history of 58 of the buildings in Pompeii.
- Pictures of the excavated buildings and 3D models of how they used to look.
- Audioguide using TTS (text to speech).
- Tour planner to create your own unique route through the excavation site.
- Predefined “suggested” tour guiding you to the highlights.
- Markings of the buildings on a GPS powered map.
- A description of the history of the entire Excavation site.
58 of buildings in Pompeii are covered in the app:
- Surburban baths.
- Porta Marina.
- Temple Of Venus.
- Temple Of Apollo.
- Fountain of plenty.
- Building of Eumachia.
- Temple Of Vespasian.
- Temple of Jupiter.
- The Celebratory Arches.
- Forum Baths.
- Temple Of Fortuna Augusta.
- House Of The Faun.
- House of the Small Fountain.
- House Of The Tragic Poet.
- House of Dioscuri.
- House Of Meleager.
- House Of Apollo.
- House Of Sallust.
- House Of The Surgeon.
- Porta Ercolano.
- Necropolis Of Porta Ercolano.
- Villa Of Diomedes.
- Villa Of The Mysteries.
- Necropolis Of Porta Vesuvio.
- Castellum Acquae.
- House Of The Golden Cupids.
- House Of The Vettii.
- House Of The Ancient Hunt.
- Bakery - Pistrinum.
- Brothel (Lupanar).
- Stabian Baths.
- Triangular Forum.
- Doric Temple.
- Large Theatre.
- Quadriporticus Of The Theatres.
- Small Theatre also called Odêion.
- Temple Of Aesclepius.
- Temple Of Isis.
- House Of Menander.
- House Of Ceii.
- Fullery Of Stephanus.
- House Of The Lararium Of Archilles.
- Electoral Slogans.
- Thermopolium Of Vetutius Placidus.
- House Of Julius Polybius.
- House Of The Ship Europa.
- Garden Of The Fugitives.
- House Of The Garden Of Hercules (or of the perfumer).
- House Of Octavius Quartio.
- House Of Venus In A Seashell
- Large Palaestra.
- Necropolis Of Porta Nocera.
- Porta Nocera And City Walls.
- Necropolis Of Porta Nola.
New screenshots and shop info.
Ratings and Reviews
Don't waste your money like I did. Choosing your own route was difficult as several locations appeared multiple times. 3D recreations only show up on a handful of locations. Text to voice options do not work. At least not for my iPhone. Use your money on another app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.