It’s like chess, only not at all.
Chesh is a game of strategy, memory, and luck. Every Chesh game is exploring all new territory. Half the game is simply learning what you can do.
“[Chesh] is surrendering your expertise, flying blind in a familiar territory.” – Zack Kotzer, Killscreen
“Chesh makes Chess look like Checkers” – Raigan Burns, co-creator of N++
"i really like chesh" – Michael Brough, creator of 868-HACK
• a unique game every time you play
• 500+ chesh pieces from 30+ artists
• adjustable board size and number of pieces for different styles of Chesh.
• three different timer modes: Bullet Chesh, Blitz Chesh, Infinite Chesh
• play local, online, or versus the computer
Two things in this update:
1. There's now an alternative win condition that can be selected. Royal Elimination means you lose once all your Royal pieces are destroyed. Piece Elimination is traditional Chesh, where you must eliminate a number of your opponent's pieces to win. They both feel similar, but the slight difference in rules can lead to very different situations!
2. There's also a flip mode for playing with 2 players. If flip mode is turned on, then the top player's pieces will be flipped! This will also slightly adjust where that player is touching if someone is using their iDevice upside down. This means the player on the other side of the iDevice won't misclick as often! Use this if you're playing Chesh across from another person.
Ratings and Reviews
The Computer is known to spazz
The A.I. within this game will take any chance it can get to take a piece of yours, especially if it won't out their piece in danger. However, the A.I. seems to not value their royals, as they will be more than happy to send them into a high risk situation. The A.I. is still a challenge, nonetheless.
I’m pretty sure most of these incredibly detailed reviews are fake. They all have way too much thought out detail.
Here’s the thing: this game is good and quirky. It’s for you if you like randomness and fast placed gameplay. Once you choose a piece, your stuck moving said piece. So memory is your friend.
There’s no obvious tutorial. The menu is very vague on what the buttons do. One of said buttons will give you small details about the fatigue and return systems.
Just take your time on an easy AI (which is found with one of those vague buttons) and learn the pieces. It will do you good in multiplayer.
- Damian Sommer
- 139.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Damian Sommer 2015
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.