IDAGIO is the leading streaming app for classical music with the unique Fair Artist Payout Model, over 2 million tracks, exclusive video concerts, the latest releases and personalized recommendations.
• Browse the comprehensive audio catalogue and filter by composer, work,
orchestra, soloist and more
• Watch exclusive classical video concerts from all over the world
• Discover new classical music with your personalized Weekly Mix
• Get inspired with exclusive playlists curated by experts and artists from within the
classical music community
• Find out more about the album you are listening to with digital booklets
• Enjoy Gapless Playback
• Play recommended tracks right on your Apple Watch
• CarPlay: Enjoy IDAGIO while in your car
• Apple TV: Watch exclusive classical video concerts on your Apple TV
Choose your plan:
• Listen to 2 million tracks in radio mode
• On-demand and ad-free listening
• Unlimited, personal Collection
• Offline listening
• High-quality audio in MP3/AAC format at 320kbps
• Connecting via Airplay, Bluetooth, Chromecast, Sonos, Burmester, Bluesound and
• All benefits of the Premium membership plus
• Access to our highest audio quality in lossless format (FLAC 16bit 44.1kHz)
Premium+ Concerts Plan
• All benefits of the Premium+ membership plus
• Access to all available concerts in the Global Concert Hall from all available
IDAGIO is crafted in Berlin by a world-class team of passionate experts in music, technology, business and design.
With subscribers in over 190 countries and more than 1.8 million app downloads worldwide, IDAGIO is the leading streaming service for classical music.
We work with a Fair Artist Payout Model - but what does that mean for artists? It means two things - firstly that we pay artists and right holders per second instead per play, and secondly that we distribute royalties based on the actual listening behaviour of each single user. With IDAGIO you directly support the artist you love. It's that simple.
Terms and Conditions: http://www.idagio.com/terms
*) Prices may differ per territory. The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of the purchase. The subscription automatically renews at the end of your subscription period. Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. You can cancel your subscription at any time with effect for the following subscription period by disabling auto-renewal in your Apple ID Account Settings at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription before the end of the trial period.
* It's getting dark: from now on you can also enjoy IDAGIO in dark mode!
Ratings and Reviews
Love the music, love lossless, HATE the crashing, always always crashing
I have had this app for some time now from the first day I heard of it, and to have lossless classical music blasting in my ears from my phone is beyond glorious. But ever since the newest iOS (and subsequent updates) went live it is rare for an album to play all the way through without crashing. Whether through cell, Wifi, or any other type of connection or if I have downloaded. The app still crashes while playing. 4 minutes into the first movement of a piece or 5 minutes left on the album. It is beyond frustrating.
Any help would be appreciated. I LOVE IDagio but if I can't listen to the music I love or music I'm just discovering without it crashing, what's the point. I have an
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and feedback! It really helps us improve.
Regarding this bug, we have made some major changes to our iOS player which should resolve the issues in a week or two when the update is released. Please keep an eye out for this and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if this issue isn't resolved.
Thank you for your patience and ongoing support for IDAGIO. We really appreciate your understanding.
Frequent stops and many “non-starters”
The idea of classical focus streaming is good and I like the way I can search recordings by composers, soloists, ensembles and many criterion that none of the other popular streaming services can match. The lossless streaming is also nice.
However, the connection issues are very annoying. Usually, after a couple skips to find the right music for the moment, the app will be stuck at time zero, with the loading/connecting icon spinning forever. Once this happens, you will not be able to play any other work as they will also be “non-starters”. Only killing (swipe up in iOS) and restarting the app could fix this. Also, the music might suddenly stop in the middle of a piece for no apparent reason sometimes.
Also, as someone already mentioned, there is no easy way you can see the album cover when you are playing the music. The only time the app shows the album cover is when you actually play the “album” instead of a piece you located through search. I am not sure about future generations but most of us today still identify certain recordings by the album covers. There is no point showing the same Beethoven’s portrait when I go through his piano sonatas from various performers.
Great collection and curated playlists.
IDAGIO is a great tool and music service that provides that user a range of different high quality lossless recordings. The music is updated regularly and new recordings are available instantly.
However, the app needs a bit more work, it is not very user friendly and has bugs that needs fixing:
- You cannot reorder songs in a playlists you created.
- There’s not shuffle option when listing to songs anywhere, songs play in the order they are in, and you always have to choose the piece you want to listen to.
- You cannot choose songs to play next or put them in queue.
- There’s no option to choose ‘next similar song by different player’ just like in the website. This is an excellent option that is missing from this app.
- Text is a bit small and hard to read, especially of performers’ names. Can be eye straining sometimes.
- Music stops playing after you receive a phone call.
- There are internet connection problems, especially when streaming on cellular network.
Suggestions for Review:
- Please add a Dark Mode option. The menus can be too bright, especially when browsing at night.
- Can you please add the option to have the album’s artwork appear in the music player, instead of the composer’s picture. This is very helpful when choosing between music pieces by looking at the picture than just reading the recordings names.
- Can you please add Force Touch support for supported devices.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your extensive feedback, we highly appreciate your input. You can already edit your personal playlists in the IDAGIO iOS app. To do this, open your Collection and the playlist you would like to change. Select the three dots in the top right to open the menu and tap Edit. By tapping and holding the symbol on the right hand side of each track, you can change its position.
We have also just integrated continuous playback, which will recommend you similar music after the previously selected playback ends and are planning to improve this feature.
Our catalogue is structured differently than most streaming services, since we offer many recordings that have not necessarily appeared on albums. For this reason, we currently show the composer image when playing a recording. To see album artwork, you can select the album a recording appeared for playback. I will pass on your feedback to our product team nevertheless to check, if we can make this more clear to our users in the future.
We hope to also progress with other functionalities soon and are happy to keep you posted if there are any news.
If you have any further questions, ideas or feedback in the meantime, feel free to get in touch with us on email@example.com anytime.
Best regards and happy listening,
Lukas from IDAGIO
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- idagio GmbH
- 81.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 IDAGIO GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- IDAGIO Standard Legacy $9.99
- IDAGIO Premium $9.99
- IDAGIO Premium+ $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.