IDAGIO is the leading streaming app for classical music with over 2 million tracks, exclusive releases and personalized recommendations.
• Browse the comprehensive collection and filter by composer, work, orchestra, soloist and more
• Compare concert and orchestra recordings of the same work with ease
• Discover new classical music with your personalized Weekly Mix
• Get inspired with exclusive playlists curated by experts and artists from within the classical music community
• Enjoy Gapless Playback
• Play recommended tracks right on your Apple Watch
• CarPlay: Enjoy IDAGIO while in your car
TRY FOR FREE: Not sure whether you want to upgrade to a paid subscription? You can try it for free and decide later, or continue using the app without paid features.
• Play music everywhere and anytime with offline listening
• Listen to your tracks without interruptions
• Create your own playlists
• High-quality audio (MP3 320kbps or FLAC 16bit 44.1kHz)
• Connect to 3rd party devices like Sonos, Chromecast, Bluesound or Burmester
• Select tracks with on-demand playback
IDAGIO Premium costs $9.99 and IDAGIO Premium+ $12.99 per month - the subscription renews automatically and you can cancel at any time.*
IDAGIO is the leading streaming service for classical music. Crafted in Berlin by a world-class team of over 80 passionate experts in music, technology, business and design, IDAGIO offers a search tailor-made for classical music, a catalog of over 2 million licensed tracks, and exclusive recordings and playlists - all available in CD-quality sound (FLAC). Each artist, orchestra and ensemble has a clear profile displaying albums and recorded works including filters such as composer, conductor, soloists and more. IDAGIO has subscribers in over 190 countries and the app has been downloaded more than 1.5 million times worldwide.
Terms and Conditions: http://www.idagio.com/terms
*) Prices may differ per territory. The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of the purchase. The subscription automatically renews at the end of your subscription period. Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. You can cancel your subscription at any time with effect for the following subscription period by disabling auto-renewal in your Apple ID Account Settings at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription before the end of the trial period.
* Exciting news: CarPlay is here! Just connect your device and enjoy IDAGIO while in your car
* More exciting news: We've opened Collection to everyone! IDAGIO Free users are now able to tap the heart icon and save their favorite tracks, recordings, albums and curated playlists
* In addition to that, we've added a brand new category to Collection: You can now save your favorite artists too
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Frequent stops and many “non-starters”
The idea of classical focus streaming is good and I like the way I can search recordings by composers, soloists, ensembles and many criterion that none of the other popular streaming services can match. The lossless streaming is also nice.
However, the connection issues are very annoying. Usually, after a couple skips to find the right music for the moment, the app will be stuck at time zero, with the loading/connecting icon spinning forever. Once this happens, you will not be able to play any other work as they will also be “non-starters”. Only killing (swipe up in iOS) and restarting the app could fix this. Also, the music might suddenly stop in the middle of a piece for no apparent reason sometimes.
Also, as someone already mentioned, there is no easy way you can see the album cover when you are playing the music. The only time the app shows the album cover is when you actually play the “album” instead of a piece you located through search. I am not sure about future generations but most of us today still identify certain recordings by the album covers. There is no point showing the same Beethoven’s portrait when I go through his piano sonatas from various performers.
Great collection and curated playlists.
IDAGIO is a great tool and music service that provides that user a range of different high quality lossless recordings. The music is updated regularly and new recordings are available instantly.
However, the app needs a bit more work, it is not very user friendly and has bugs that needs fixing:
- You cannot reorder songs in a playlists you created.
- There’s not shuffle option when listing to songs anywhere, songs play in the order they are in, and you always have to choose the piece you want to listen to.
- You cannot choose songs to play next or put them in queue.
- There’s no option to choose ‘next similar song by different player’ just like in the website. This is an excellent option that is missing from this app.
- Text is a bit small and hard to read, especially of performers’ names. Can be eye straining sometimes.
- Music stops playing after you receive a phone call.
- There are internet connection problems, especially when streaming on cellular network.
Suggestions for Review:
- Please add a Dark Mode option. The menus can be too bright, especially when browsing at night.
- Can you please add the option to have the album’s artwork appear in the music player, instead of the composer’s picture. This is very helpful when choosing between music pieces by looking at the picture than just reading the recordings names.
- Can you please add Force Touch support for supported devices.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your extensive feedback, we highly appreciate your input. You can already edit your personal playlists in the IDAGIO iOS app. To do this, open your Collection and the playlist you would like to change. Select the three dots in the top right to open the menu and tap Edit. By tapping and holding the symbol on the right hand side of each track, you can change its position.
We have also just integrated continuous playback, which will recommend you similar music after the previously selected playback ends and are planning to improve this feature.
Our catalogue is structured differently than most streaming services, since we offer many recordings that have not necessarily appeared on albums. For this reason, we currently show the composer image when playing a recording. To see album artwork, you can select the album a recording appeared for playback. I will pass on your feedback to our product team nevertheless to check, if we can make this more clear to our users in the future.
We hope to also progress with other functionalities soon and are happy to keep you posted if there are any news.
If you have any further questions, ideas or feedback in the meantime, feel free to get in touch with us on email@example.com anytime.
Best regards and happy listening,
Lukas from IDAGIO
Perfect, But Missing One Feature
IDAGIO truly is the ultimate classical music lover’s service. No other music streaming service (including Primephonic) comes close to matching the catalogue and search capabilities that IDAGIO has to offer. The app interface feels familiar, is clean and easy to use. The only missing feature holding me back from five stars is the fact that you cannot automatically set a certain playback quality for WiFi and cellular streaming. For example, to tell the app to automatically use AAC 320 KBPS for cellular streaming and Lossless FLAC for WiFi. While the streaming quality can be switched manually, it is a bit of pain to have to do so every time I switch from WiFi to cellular data and vice-versa. This is one feature that Primephonic holds over IDAGIO. I hope to see this feature integrated in the (hopefully) near future, and then I will without hesitation award IDAGIO its fifth star.
- idagio GmbH
- 117.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 IDAGIO GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- IDAGIO Standard Legacy $9.99
- IDAGIO Standard Legacy $9.99
- IDAGIO Standard Legacy $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.