Idaho 511 is the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) official traffic and traveler information resource. The Idaho 511 app provides statewide, real-time traffic information for interstates, U.S. routes, and state highways in Idaho, including:
- Zoomable map with selectable event icons
- Winter road conditions
- Traffic incidents
- Roadwork and construction
- Current traffic speeds
- Roadside camera images
- Roadside weather information
- Hands-free, eyes-free audio notifications of traffic events while you drive.
- Travel time delays associated with traffic reports
- Personalized saved routes and alerts (e.g. Home to Work)
- Personalized 511 account tutorials
Learn about Idaho's Law on wireless communication devices in vehicles at http://www.dmv.org/id-idaho/safety-laws.php#Cellular-Phones
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Revamped the rest area layer look and feel.
Fixed a display bug for iPhone X/XR/XS devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the Info
I love the information and the ease in reading it. There seem to be some bugs though, I get errors any time I try to load a trip or put it in my favorites.
Need regular updates
This app is helpful if there have been no changes in the weather all day, but when conditions are changing it's no help at all to know conditions at 7 a.m.
So far so good
It appears to be in good working order and the conditions have been recently updated.
- Idaho Transportation Department
- 33.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Idaho Transportation Department
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.