iDamage pushes thunderstorm damage reports originating from trained spotters, emergency responders, and members of the public to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad (in native resolution). If you chase tornados, hail, or high winds for a living, or volunteer to assist your community during severe weather events, or just want to improve your situational awareness on days when storms might pop up, iDamage is the app for you.
Here are its features:
- Push notification of storm events, oftentimes including very specific damage reports. Coverage area includes the entire Contiguous (Lower 48) United States.
- User-configurable filters allow you to receive notifications for the entire Contiguous US, an entire state, a local area, and/or for specific types of severe weather (tornado, hail, high wind). Use the auto-location feature of your mobile device to set a filter if you are traveling and not sure of your general location.
- Filter push notifications by hail size
- Optional alternate push alert sound for hail events
- Map of storm events with color coded pins. Timeframes are 3-hr, full day, or archival (back to 29 Feb 2004). Touch any pin for access to details. iPod Touch or WiFi-only iPad users, data from your last view is cached for off-line use.
- Filter Map View by event type and hail size
- List of storm events in table form. Touch any cell in the table for a single pin street or hybrid map view.
- Link to the "Maps" app on your home screen so you can get directions to the approximate location of severe weather events.
- Storm reports may be e-mailed in an external email app.
- 24 hour (with radar animation + watch boxes), 2-day, 3-day, and 4-8 day convective (thunderstorm) outlook with probability maps and technical discussion.
- Mesoscale discussions with maps
- Convective weather watches with maps.
- Local hazardous weather products (including watches and warnings), selectable by touching a location on a map or via auto-location.
*** NOTE: Watches and warnings are NOT pushed. iDamage only pushes reports of thunderstorm (convective) events. Tropical and extratropical systems may not generate reports.
- 9 pm - 9 am silence switch in Settings view. Push notifications will visually display, but alert tones are silenced.
- iDamage has wildfire capability! Get a map of satellite thermal anomaly detections plus public wildfire reports.
All weather data presented by iDamage is from the National Weather Service and not subject to copyright protection. homedatasheet.com, Inc. is not affiliated with the National Weather Service.
Adds 2022 Location-based Event Search in-app purchase
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but could use updating
Good app been using it for years but could use updating. The iPhone X has been out for like 6 months now and still no support. Would be much nicer if I could utilize all the screen. Also the “Full day/ last 2hrs tab could me more clear cut.
Update the Date function!
Love this app, but
when I scroll the date to see previous hail it automatically takes me back to today when I look for another date. It’s extremely frustrating because I want to be able to be left off on the date I’m at and keep going further into the past.
In other words, I know what today’s date is whenever I’m look up hail from a previous date. The app doesn’t need to automatically scroll be back to today.
Any way you all can update that function? It sounds like a 5% problem but I bet there’s a lot of other users who find this very frustrating too, but aren’t speaking up.
As a roof inspector I want to search a specific date and then look maybe a few days before that date and after that date to see what happened. But when it scrolls back to whatever today’s date is it makes it harder to remember all the dates I already looked at. I would rather it just stay at the date that I am currently looking as so I can scroll one day behind or one day ahead.
I do like this app a lot though I have not seen the new version yet. Looks to be great though. I've used iDamage to pinpoint Tornados, wind and hail several timesalready and it helped every person in my work building as well as myself. I was also able to warn several family members not with me, thanks to the iDamage warnings. I do wish flood warnings and watches would be added to the pushpins for the pan and zoom map as there have been so many floods, damage and loss of life in so many different areas. I would find it a valuable tool since we have had area flooding two years in a row. Once added, there will be five bright stars from me!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- homedatasheet.com, Inc.
- 4.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2022 homedatasheet.com, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 2022 Location-based events $1.99