Precision 2D vector drawing & design for the iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch.
Supports Apple Pencil on iPad Pro, updated for the new iPhone X.
Make professional quality designs, illustrations and technical drawings on the move using your fingers at last! iDesign has unique features and offset controls which allows you to draw accurately with your finger not getting in the way or blocking your view.
Full feature compatibility and automatic sync of designs via iCloud with XDesign (Mac version).
Check out the iDesign Product Tour (YouTube) & User Guide (PDF) - at www.touchaware.com.
- A universal app for both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch which adapts to the native screen size of the device.
- An unobtrusive icon based visual and context driven user interface with a full screen board view
- Toolbars and panels with easy access to frequently used functions for a fast work flow
Standard Tools & Functions
- Line, polyline, square, rectangle, circle, arc, ellipse, polygons, stars & path tools
- Copy and paste selected shapes and groups
- Group and ungroup shapes hierarchically to create complex designs
- Edit points, convert shapes to path, close shapes, add and remove points, break, weld, explode and join
- Precise rotation with ability to rotate at user defined center
- Object alignment tools
- Fill color and pen color swatches with opacity controls, custom RGB mixer
- Stroke width, line style, line caps and corner join styles, arrow ends and dash patters
- Text insertion with fonts, styles, sizes, paragraph alignments, multilingual, rotate/resize
- Set a background image for tracing/marking over it
- Insert images, copy, paste, move, resize and position them accordingly
- Multilevel Undo/Redo for all edit operations
- Create multiple layers to organize & separate design components
Unique Features for Touch Based Editing
- Offset handles for moving and positioning without your finger blocking the view
- Nudge controls, allows precise movement of selected shapes or selected points
- Delta transformations to apply incremental values by keyboard
Advanced Tools for Graphics Design
- Advanced path editing options for corner, smooth and symmetric control points, straighten and curve segments
- Text to path conversion
- Boolean operations on shapes, unite, intersect, subtract, exclude
- Freehand drawing, auto smoothened paths
- Gradients / color blends
Advanced Tools for Technical Drawing
- Circle and Arc tool based on center, start/end point, radius and angle of arc
- Dimensioning tools, length as well as angular with customisable settings
- Support for Feet+Inches+Fractions (U.S & older unit system) - Architectural formatting option for Dimensions - Dynamic grid supporting feet, inches and inch fractions at different zoom levels
Units & Board Setup
- Support for standard and custom board sizes.
- Set a drawing scale
- Full set of standard unit systems.
- Unit aware Grid with customisable settings
- Snap to grid, snap to object and points
- Unit aware rulers
Export/Import & Print
- Export designs to JPEG, PNG, PDF & SVG formats
- Import SVG files
- Share your designs with other iDesign users via Email
- Dropbox support for Export, Import
- AirPrint Support
Shape Library available as a subscription - US$11.99/year. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings.
Updated to support new iPadPro & iOS updates.
Ratings and Reviews
The app does exactly what I need it to do, which is be a mobile idea station for when I am traveling, the tools are good enough, my only issue is the constant crashes every 25-30 mins and many times the line tools begins to only want to create white lines that aren’t visible and the program will not let me change it. In order to make changes I have to completely turn off my phone and restart iDesign. I love this app but I’m almost to the point where I’m going to delete it if nothing is changed.
Developer Response ,
Please contact us with any issues you have at email@example.com for us to respond promptly.
An update is currently in development and will be released later. Thanks!
Worked for 3 minutes(problem resolved)
Update: After installing a new iOS update (11.2.6) the problem appears to have resolved itself for now. I will however note that I sent in a service ticket to the app developer and received a blazing fast response with good information on how to potentially resolve the issue, however I had already fixed it with the update.
Original review: Downloaded, drew 3 lines, tried a few things to edit a line and the app just froze. Closed the app and restarted it. After the splash screen it goes to "loading" indefinitely. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it loads to the blank workspace with the tools along the edge but nothing works when you click on it. Close and restart and it's back to the indefinite loading situation. It's currently completely unusable.
Deletes my work, not drop DELETE
1 Star because in order to post this I must.
-10 Stars for reliability, 4.5 Stars usability, and 1 Star for use as a tool.
In three major project I not only backed everything up I saved all the time. First project took months to get all the bugs out and on the day I was ready to publish, it was all gone nothing not even a piece of paper. Nothing but a thumbnail to remind me of all the work just gone. Second, thinking it was a fluke I worked on project two and after a couple weeks it was gone also. As I have a three strikes policy I chose to do one more and again in a few days this design was also gone. I had even taken the precaution of backing iDesign up so I could at least go back to that point. A few choice words later I found it to be gone as well.
While I believe the program has potentially, as a reliable work source it is not, to me it’s just a toy not for serious consideration.
Developer Response ,
This issue has been resolved with an update which has fixed a problem in autosave in certain situations for large designs containing large number of groups.
- TouchAware Limited
- 45.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 TouchAware Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Shape Library $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.