*** iDo Community is an innovative and comprehensive application for learning to act independently in the community (In the car, at the supermarket, at the doctor's office etc).
***THIS FULL VERSION IS SUITABLE ALSO FOR SCHOOLS USING THE VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM.***
*** "This is the most comprehensive and professional application for special education I have seen that addresses the field of ADL both in content as well as in the activities it provides" (Dr. Orit Hetzroni, Special Education expert).
*** Designed by professionals specifically for those on the autistic spectrum disorder, Intellectual Disabilities, Down syndrome and other special needs.
*** Watch step by step demonstration videos and picture sequences, and make your own.
*** Suitable for children, teenagers, and young adults
The iDo Community application includes 9 units + a game:
1. In the Car
2. In the Elevator
3. At the Supermarket
4. At the shop
5. At the Cafe
6. At the Movies
7. At the Barbershop
8. At the Dentist's
9. At the Doctor’s Office
What’s in each unit:
- A video presenting a teenager demonstrating the activity, step by step.
- A sequence of the task’s steps in images, accompanied by narrated text for each stage, and the option to mark the completion of each step with a V.
- A unique tool to create a personal sequence of the task’s steps, by photographing directly from the application.
- A tool to create a personal video of the task, directly from the application.
- Learning games to practice understanding of the sequence – what is the next step, what doesn’t belong, and so on.
What’s in the game:
- A board game which combines fun and learning for all 9 of the application’s tasks.
- Suitable for one player or two, and allows practicing in taking turns.
- Contains a pool of randomly selected activities, which allow transfer, generalization, and enrichment of what was learned in the units: products you can buy at the supermarket, identifying different signs, and so on.
- For persons who have difficulty playing, there is the option of going through the activities without playing. 6 activities are randomly selected from the pool of activities.
Advantages of using the application:
Built by professionals with an expertise in special education, in cooperation with parents, occupational therapists, speech therapists, teachers and researchers.
Each task is broken up into its stages, and may be learned step by step.
Using video clips has been proven efficient in instructing individuals with autism and cognitive disabilities.
Building a sequence of the task, with photographs of the user himself, creates a perfect personalization: the users sees himself performing the task.
The board game combines fun with learning. The activities in the game are an expansion of the videos and images sequences, and allow generalization and transfer of performing the tasks to other environments.
Particularly accessible and user-friendly application, meticulously designed to be suitable for users of a wide range of ages.
Diverse use of media: video, images, written text, narration, as well as diverse viewing options.
Preservation of personal materials.
Option of operating both online and offline.
*** Working on daily activities is important for the development of independent functioning and quality of life of special education children and teenagers.
*** The iDo series is recommended for use at home and in educational environments to impart and practice daily skills.
*** Visit our website www.snapps.cet.ac.il
*** Do you have any questions? We’re here to answer them. Email us at Snapps@cet.ac.il
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Bug Fixes.
- New Icon.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a very complete app for being free. Video models, sequencing pictures, it has it all. And you can customize it.
So glad I found this app!
I have a new assignment working with secondary students with severe disabilities. There are not a lot of materials available for this population. Everything about this app shows a lot of thought went into creating it. It is practical and just what I need to teach functional skills.
The developer, C.E.T - THE CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Center for Educational Technology
- 100.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 CET
- In-App Purchases
- Applying Barbershop $0.00
- Applying Car $0.00
- Applying coffeehouse $0.00
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.