***full version of the app – no further purchase required***
Learn daily life skills with video modeling and fun games, for individuals with Autism, Asperger and other special needs.
*** THIS IS ESSENTIALLY THE SAME APP AS *iDO HYGIENE*, WITHOUT IN-APP PURCHASE***.
THIS FULL VERSION IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SCHOOLS USING THE VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM OR THOSE THAT PREFER NOT TO MAKE IN-APP PURCHASES.
iDo Hygiene is an innovative and comprehensive application for learning the most common personal hygiene daily activities (teeth brushing, shampooing, hand washing, toilet training, taking a shower, public bathroom, etc
*** "This is the most comprehensive and professional application for special education I have seen that addresses the field of ADL both in content as well as in the activities it provides" (Dr. Orit Hetzroni, Special Education expert).
*** Designed by professionals specifically for those on the autistic spectrum disorder, Intellectual Disabilities and other special needs.
*** Watch step-by-step demonstration videos and pictures, and make your own.
*** Suitable for children, teenagers, and young adults.
The iDo Hygiene Application includes 12 units + a game:
2. Washing your Face
3. Washing your Hands
4. Taking a Shower
5. Brushing your Teeth
6. Applying deodorant
7. Shaving with an Electric Shaver
8. Combing long hair
9. Making a Ponytail
10. Boy in Bathroom
11. Girl in Bathroom
12. Public Bathroom
What’s in each unit:
- A video presenting a teenager demonstrating the activity, step by step.
- A sequence of the task’s steps in images, accompanied by narrated text for each stage, and the option to mark the completion of each step.
- A unique tool to create a personal sequence of the task’s steps, by photographing directly from the application.
- A tool to create a personal video of the task, directly from the application.
- Learning games to practice understanding of the sequence – what is the next step, what doesn’t belong, and so on.
What’s in the game:
- A board game, which combines fun and learning for all 12 of the application’s hygiene tasks.
- Suitable for one player or two, and allows practicing in taking turns.
- Contains a pool of randomly selected activities which allow transfer, generalization, and enrichment of what was learned in the units: when to shut the door for privacy, which objects suits which task, and so on.
- For those who have difficulty playing, there is an option of going through the activities without playing. 6 activities are randomly selected from the pool of activities.
Advantages of using the application:
* Built by professionals with expertise in special education, in cooperation with parents, occupational therapists, speech therapists, teachers and researchers.
* Each task is broken up into its stages, and can be learned step by step.
* Using video clips has been proven efficient in instructing individuals with autism and cognitive disabilities.
* Building a sequence of the task, with photos of the user himself, creates a perfect personalization: the user sees himself performing the task.
* The board game combines fun with learning. The activities in the game are an expansion of the videos and images sequences, and allow generalization and transfer of performing the tasks to other environments.
* Particularly accessible and user-friendly application, meticulously designed to be suitable for users of a wide range of ages.
* Diverse use of media: video, images, written text, narration, as well as diverse viewing options.
*** Working on daily activities is important for the development of independent functioning and quality of life of special education children and teenagers.
*** The iDo series is recommended for use at home and in educational environments to impart and practice daily skills.
*** Visit our website www.snapps.cet.ac.il
*** Do you have any questions?
We’re here to answer them.
Email us at Snapps@cet.ac.il
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Bug Fixes.
- New Icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Videos no longer work
App was working perfectly and was great for my special needs children that need assistance with learning how to independently care for their own bodies. For some reason, the videos are no longer playing and I hope an update comes soon to fix this issue.
Great concept but videos don’t load and pictures are out of order
Love love love the concept of this app but I have not been able to get a single video to load. I also noticed that some of the pictures are out of order and when having to find the missing picture it counts the wrong answer as correct and the right answer as wrong. I would love to use this in my classroom if the bugs are fixed.
The app have I have been looking for. Perfect for my adult clients learning to care for their bodies independently. They can follow along with the pictures or listen to the video.
The developer, C.E.T - THE CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Center for Educational Technology
- 99.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 CET