IDShield offers identity protection and monitoring to protect members from identity theft and fraud. Your IDShield membership can be easily viewed and updated through the IDShield app. To use this app, you must already be a member.
The IDShield mobile app includes these features:
· Main Dashboard to quickly view your current credit score and any new alerts
· Monthly Credit Score Tracker to review how your credit score is trending after sign up
· Credit Monitoring to scan your credit identity for fraudulent activity
· Dark Web/ Internet Monitoring and Updates to determine if your identity can be exploited by hackers
· Credential Monitoring so you can be aware if you need to change your passwords to prevent online account takeover
· Social Media Monitoring to view any information posted on social media that may be a reputational or privacy risk
· Minor Monitoring and Updates to ensure no one is trying to steal your child’s identity
· High Risk Monitoring for early detection of financial fraud and identity theft
· Public Records Monitoring to determine if someone else has used your identity for any publicly recorded activity
· Court Records Monitoring to ensure that no one is using your identity for court or criminal proceedings
· Address Change Monitoring for detection of someone trying to steal your identity through postal mail
· Sex Offender Monitoring to view registered sex offenders in your area
· Edit Profile so you can change your information easily without having to go to the web portal
· Push notifications sent right to your phone to make it easy to see when you have new alerts
· Biometric or passcode login to make it easy for you to sign in to review your alerts
· FAQ and Information on identity theft, data breaches, solicitations, medical ID theft, and other tips
· Support phone number and information on identity theft investigation and restoration
IDShield is currently only available in the US and certain jurisdictions.
Maintenance Release - Bug Fixes and Enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Normally the app is OK but it pesters me about alerts for not having social media set. Don’t have those accounts. Also app is not independent of the website. You must go to the website to set up the monitoring. I had to go to the website to resolve the lack of social media alert. Would be nice to do that in-app.
I keep getting dark web alerts for my email but it never says for what credential(Facebook, eBay etc.) so unable to go to effected account to change creds. Just seems like an alerting service that doesn’t really do anything else. My financial accounts already alert if there is trouble, and this app is not smart enough to not alert when thresh hold is between 2 accounts it is monitoring (such as paying from bank account monitored to credit card that is monitored)
Good service, terrible app
The app should be notifying me if there’s a problem. In fact, the only notifications are for additional monitoring that I don’t want or need. To register information that I do want monitored, it buried deep in the app and hard to find. I am suspicious lately that the app works at all as I have been informed by 2 other monitoring services of suspicious activity recently and your app just sits there quiet as a dud. Luckily, your CSRs are friendly and helpful when I have called in.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.