The new iDVM 500 series multimeters provide connectivity to iOS devices via this app and Bluetooth 4.1, sometimes known as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) or Bluetooth Smart. With this app connected to an iDVM multimeter it is possible to:
• Remotely view electrical measurements on your iOS device
• Configure on-meter data logging for minutes, hours, or days
• Save data in conventional file formats like .csv, sqlite, and .png
• Transfer data via email or cloud services
• Geo-tag measurement/data locations
Remote connectivity to the iDVM multimeter provides access to measurements that would normally be difficult or impossible to view. Imagine troubleshooting a car with the meter connected to the alternator while driving down the road and viewing the measurement on your iPhone or watch. Impossible, right? Not with the iDVM!
Beyond remote viewing, the iDVM allows on-meter data logging. Configure the recording session on your iPhone - set the data rate and duration, press the record button on the meter and your meter can be left to record data autonomously for minutes, hours, or days. If the process being recorded is short, the data can be recorded on the iPhone/iPad with a simple tap of the "record" button on the app.
The advent of iOS devices have enabled tremendous improvement in the ease with which data can be transferred. The computing power that we now hold in our hands is truly wondrous. The iDVM leverages this insanely great capability for multimeters in a way that no other meter can match. Data taken with a multimeter is no longer transitory. Electrical measurements can now be easily stored and shared with colleagues and customers. Data can be visualized in many different ways depending on the needs of the application - that can't be done on traditional meters. By geotagging the data, electricians, HVAC-R technicians, hydrologists, and others can provide verified location data with their measurement data.
The iDVM represents a truly substantial improvement in multimeter usability. We worked hard to bring this patented technology to the market, and we sincerely hope our customers find it as helpful and exciting as we do.
• New meter firmware (Build 26) with fix for APO problems, low-battery brown-out protection,
broadcast of device name, and reset option.
• Separate settings pages for on-meter datalogging and in-app recording.
• New launch-from-app feature for datalogging (requires update to Build 26 firmware).
• Increase in-app recording limit to 1M samples.
• Improved reliability in firmware update process.
• Fix for potential crash bug in 10mV/A transducer conversion.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I thoroughly enjoy using my redfish and the app is pretty well thought out. Keep updates coming.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Redfish Instruments, Inc.
- 98.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Redfish Instruments, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.