As we become more digitally dependent, Identity Theft Protection is becoming increasingly important. With the ID Watchdog Mobile App, keeping a pulse on your personal and financial information has never been easier. Your phone travels with you, so you won’t have to worry about missing an alert when you’re on the go.
As an ID Watchdog subscriber, you can access key features from your phone or tablet to:
• Receive alerts, drill into details immediately, learn what an alert means and what you should do about it, and flag alerts for follow-up
• Lock or unlock your Equifax® credit report and/or your TransUnion® credit reports, depending on your plan, and control who can access your credit report(s) with certain exceptions¹
• Activate an Equifax Child Credit Lock to help you better protect against credit fraud in your child’s name
• Add wallet contents for Dark Web monitoring and quick access in the event of a lost or stolen wallet
• Stay up-to-date on your VantageScore® credit score, and see how it’s trending over time
• Control your ID protection preferences, including alerts and security settings
Catch Activity Early—Resolve Problems Before They Grow
Receive alerts on your phone so you can take immediate action if necessary—even when you’re away from your computer. The quicker you take action, the more likely you are to resolve a problem before it grows.
Credit Report Lock—You’re in Charge
Locking your credit report(s) is an effective way to provide additional protection against unauthorized access and to help better protect against identity thieves from opening new accounts in your name. Depending on your plan, lock or unlock access to your 1-Bureau credit report (Equifax) or Multi-Bureau credit reports (Equifax and TransUnion).¹ Plus, through your ID Watchdog account, activate a Child Credit Lock for your minor child to help you better protect against credit fraud in your child’s name by creating an Equifax credit report for your child then locking it to prevent access to it by potential lenders and creditors.
We’re Here for You
Reach a US-based Customer Care Specialist whenever you need help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If your identity is stolen, our certified specialists fully manage your case until it is resolved.
What You Need to Know
The credit scores provided are based on the VantageScore® 3.0 model. For three-bureau VantageScore credit scores, data from Equifax®, Experian®, and TransUnion® are used respectively. Any one-bureau VantageScore uses Equifax data. Third parties use many different types of credit scores and are likely to use a different type of credit score to assess your creditworthiness.
¹Locking your Equifax or TransUnion credit report will prevent access to it by certain third parties. Locking your Equifax or TransUnion credit report will not prevent access to your credit report at any other credit reporting agency. Entities that may still have access to your Equifax or TransUnion credit report include: companies like ID Watchdog and TransUnion Interactive, Inc. which provide you with access to your credit report or credit score, or monitor your credit report as part of a subscription or similar service; companies that provide you with a copy of your credit report or credit score, upon your request; federal, state, and local government agencies and courts in certain circumstances; companies using the information in connection with the underwriting of insurance, or for employment, tenant or background screening purposes; companies that have a current account or relationship with you, and collection agencies acting on behalf of those whom you owe; companies that authenticate a consumer’s identity for purposes other than granting credit, or for investigating or preventing actual or potential fraud; and companies that wish to make pre-approved offers of credit or insurance to you. To opt out of pre-approved offers, visit www.optoutprescreen.com.
- Multi-Bureau Lock – Allows user to lock or unlock their Equifax® and TransUnion® credit reports, with certain exceptions, anytime
- Alert Details – Provides general alert information: What does this mean? What should I do?
- New Look – All screens are updated with new colors, fonts, icons, formatting, and styling. Aligned the mobile app with the new ID Watchdog Dashboard launched in December 2019
- Email ID Watchdog – Allows a user to send an email to the ID Watchdog Customer Care email address
Ratings and Reviews
Wish the App Worked
Great idea. However, every time I try and log into my account through the App it doesn’t recognize my security questions and locks me out of my account. Frustrating to say the least. Hopefully the developer can figure out this kink.
Locked out and email to reset never comes
I managed to lock myself out, and their application to reset your password is like millions of other websites in that it sends you an email with info on resetting your password.
Only difference is the other 999,999 sites actually send you an email. This one does not.
It’s not in my spam folder and I routinely get emails from me warning of identification accidental releases. But this lame app can’t deliver a simple password reset email.
I refuse to call and surrender all my identifying information. I will simply move on to a better application.
Update****. Mail finally arrived the next day.
Has link to reset password. It takes you to a broken webpage. You put in a new valid password and answer an authentication question, and press reset. Unfortunately the page does NOT
- reset your password
- tell you why it can’t reset the password
- give me any indication the password was changed.
Somthing seriously wrong with this app that they can’t handle basic password.
Update **** ok I finally got a call from a company representative that actually knew what she was doing. She left me a detail voice telling me exactly what she had found and done. And she told me to try to log in again. Problem solved. Cynthia rocks!
Terrible customer and App support
Just called customer support to advise them that their app is only displaying a white box without showing any information concerning the alert they emailed me about. Not only did the rep not care to have my name, but didn’t even state she would forward the information to their development team. Something I asked her specifically if she would do. Further, I was told that the are working on updates and so this feature may or may not be implemented, but I can go to their mobile site.
Referring to the mobile site is fine on itself, but it’s dog slow to load even on my company’s Wi-Fi connection. This is the second time I’ve call customer support and the last time was borderline argumentative, if my memory serves me correctly.
I can’t believe my company went with this service as they are a barebones company focused on doing the bare minimum of “good enough” and even that isn’t sufficient.
As soon as I can, I am out!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Identity Rehab Corporation
- 23.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 ID Watchdog. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.