iFly GPS, the Intuitive EFB!
iFly GPS delivers the perfect combination of affordability, capability, and usability for both VFR and IFR Pilots. Safely and quickly get the information you need so you can focus on flying!
Key reasons to try iFly GPS:
1) Ease of use in the cockpit: Our intuitive and simple interface, easy to hit buttons, simple map gestures, large fonts, and more make this the best EFB for in-flight use
2) Pilot focused company: We have staff (pilots) on the ground at our office in Texas waiting to answer your questions. Call 214-585-0444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, we're here to help
3) Price: We are one of the most competitively priced EFBs on the market
4) Capabilities: We are one of the most capable EFBs on the market! See a complete feature list below:
•Geo-Reference Approach Plates and Airport Diagrams
•3D Synthetic Vision / EFIS Mode
•Terrain, Obstructions, Traffic, and Airspaces Alerts
•Complete ADSB support
•AutoTaxi+ for safe taxing at any airport
•RealView airport imagery
•RealPlan automatic VFR Planner
•Auto-load approach into plan
•Complete VFR and IFR databases and charts (FAA)
•Public & Private Airports
•Winds aloft including forecasts for 36 hours
•Terminal Area Charts(TAC)
•World Aeronautical Charts(WAC)
•Weather (Pre-Flight or ADS-B Live)
•Hi-res Winds Aloft Optimizing
•Rapid Flight planning
•Plates & Diagrams (Approach, Departure Plates, Stars, SIDs Airport Diagrams)
•Online Flight Plan Filing
•Custom Instrument Layouts (24 Instruments, e.g. HSI, Vertical Profile, and AHRS)
•Vertical Terrain planning and Airspace preview
•North Up / Track Up
•Pinch Zooming w/ One Touch Feature
•Dynamic Distance Ring
•Hybrid Compass Rose w/ Nav Function
•Extended Course Line
•Rubber Band route modification
•Custom Aircraft icons
•Alerts & Warnings
•Button Fading (maximizes screen space)
•Custom User Waypoints
- Improved experience for first time users: Faster downloads, online data streaming
- Support for X-Plane simulator
- New Simulation Modes: Fly flight plan, replay flight, and more
- Current airport NOTAMs automatically included for all airports
- Easier access to Nearest FSS and Nearest ATC
- Support importing flight plans from AOPA, SkyVector, and more
- Included ADSB Lightning support
- Support for exporting Flight Trails to MyFlightBook
- First release of the patent pending "Real Plan" capability for automatic VFR Flight Planning
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best Flying Software on the iPad
I have been using tablets and various applications/programs for years professionally. When I fly for fun though, I use iFly GPS. It is amazingly intuitive. It works the way you would expect it to work. It makes planning flights simple. It’s greatest strength, where it excels over the others, is how usable it is in flight. It is the very definition of easy to use.
I have been flying with iFly GPS for two years in my GA aircraft. I wish I could take it to work in the bigger plane they pay me to fly.
Like having a copilot
When paired with an ADS-B system the configurable audio alerts for traffic, airspace, and terrain really make this a stand-out EFB for VFR flying. Without audio alerts one has to essentially include the screen of an EFB in one's scan. With audio the frequency of looking at the screen reduces to whatever is needed to cross-check course. I no longer use my copy of WingX because it is too demanding of my visual attention.
I tried em all
I’m just getting to 100 hours and have tried all the major gps apps. I started with iFly and moved to Garmin, Foreflight, and several others. This app is very easy to navigate and has all the things I need at my experience level and a lot of room for me to grow. I do wish it had an Apple Watch companion but I guess you can’t have everything.
Developer Response ,
Apple Watch is on our horizon, so stay tuned. Thanks for the great review!
- Adventure Pilot, LLC
- 174.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019
- In-App Purchases
- iPad Add-On Subscription (1 Year) $24.99
- IFR iPad Subscription Upgrade (1 Year) $49.99
- VFR iPad Subscription (1 Year) $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.