The latest video game news and reviews, piped into your pocket from the world's #1 source, IGN. A must-have app for gamers, movie buffs, TV binge watchers and comic fans
The official IGN app for iOS features:
- Wiki guides and walkthroughs -- In-depth support for getting through The Legend of Zelda, Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto, The Witcher 3 and more
- Video game and movie reviews -- Learn more about the latest releases in games, movies, television, tech and comics
- Watch all of IGN's video shows
- iMessage stickers!
Grab the app and learn a little along the way.
This Universal app works on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. (Be sure to check out our Apple TV app, too!)
* Update SDKs to remove "IGN pasted from xxx" notification.
* Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A step back
I enjoyed that last edition of the app more. I liked the home page much better when it had the main headlines scrolling on top of the Paige and the rest of the stories below it. Also searching a game is much more cumbersome. Before I could search a game and pull up the game’s main page and within that I could read the brief description, find the review, see the release date, and if I wanted to dive drape I could go to the wiki page. Now the wiki page is the first thing that pops up and I have to click though a bunch of tabs to get where I really want to go. It’s confusing and I don’t like it
A buggy mess
Years ago when IGN completely redesigned their app I didn’t mind so much and there were some issues at first of course, but you think they would have those bugs figured out by now, I was wrong! I haven’t used the app in a while and it’s somehow worse! And certain bugs were NEVER FIXED FROM OVER 2 YEARS AGO! If you turn off auto play, when a video is finished playing in full screen there is no way to exit the video, no X button no minimize NOTHING! If you start one video and then click on the another they will both be playing the audio at the same time. Theater mode (while definitely welcome) is also very buggy, the comments for some reason are a dark grey against an even darker grey background and are literally impossible to read, and rotating my device to watch a video causes all kinds of issues. Sometimes videos just won’t play anymore and I have to delete the app and re download to fix. The list of bugs goes on and on, it’s practically unusable, and if you want people to actually come to IGN and use your app then you need to FIX IT!
For the record I’m using an iPhone 11 with the latest iOS update and IGN app update
Good but could improve
Well first I’d like to say I’m great full for what your company and employees do for the gaming community as a whole. With that said your app could do with fine tuning. After my initial choice of content it’s hard to go back change my choices. A better tutorial on your settings would be nice, and also a way to go back a see that tutorial again if I need it would be great. As far as the content of your product. I would say it’s excellent from my per view. Only negative I could give would be that most of your reviews seem to start from a personal view point and stay that way until the end of the article. It might just be my personal view but a review is supposed to be facts and info followed by a personal opinion at the end, maybe two or three different opinions. Well sorry for the long winded review. I hope someone reads this and I hope I see some of feedback from this as well. Sorry for poor sentence structure. Lol 😆
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- IGN Entertainment, Inc.
- 64.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 1996-2020, IGN Entertainment, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Early Adopter Bonus $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.