iHex - Hex Editor
A fast and clever hex editor, checksum utility, file information viewer.
▶ Key Features:
- Checksum. Supported formats as: MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA1, SHA224, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, RIPEMD128, RIPEMD160, RIPEMD256, RIPEMD320, HAVAL128, HAVAL160, HAVAL192, HAVAL224, HAVAL256, TIGER128, TIGER160, TIGER, ADLER32, CRC32, CRC32B, WHIRLPOOL, GOST, SNEFRU128, SNEFRU256, MDC2
- File Information. Display file general information special as image EXIF info, audio and video media information.
- Insert, delete, rearrange. iHex does not limit you to in-place changes like some hex editors.
- Work with huge files. iHex can handle as big a file as you’re able to create. It’s been tested on files as large as 118 GB.
- Small footprint. iHex does not keep your files in memory. You won’t dread launching or working with iHex even on low-RAM machines.
- Fast. Open a huge file, scroll around, copy and paste, all instantly. Find what you’re looking for with fast searching.
- Binary diff. iHex can show the differences between files, taking into account insertions or deletions.
- Smart saving. iHex knows not to waste time overwriting the parts of your files that haven’t changed, and never needs temporary disk space.
- Data inspector. Interpret data as integer or floating point, signed or unsigned, big or little endian...
Thanks for all reviews, Please contact us at first time when you have any problem.
1. Fullscreen mode.
2. Improved comparison function.
3. Improved bookmarks function.
4. Support Drag and Drop files.
5. Other bug fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
good, doesn’t interpret windows el
The app is good. It shows hex. But in one case I found that it did not interpret windows end of lines x’0a0d' as end of lines. Maybe it’s a mac editor so it shouldn’t but it didn’t.
Just what I needed!
I often collect high resolution album art scans and the like. After doing a day of collecting I realized that in the process of renaming the files I was truncating the file extensions without realizing it. Oops! I hopped onto the App Store and found this fantastic piece of software. After looking up the file signatures for jpg and png, I was able to successfully give all my files the correct extensions with ease. In fact, I also fixed up a few files that were uploaded with the wrong extension to begin with!
I didn’t use any of the advanced features, but if you’re in a similar situation as me I would highly recommend this software. HOWEVER! This is indeed not much more than a copy-paste of Hex Fiend, and from what I can tell it does not abide by or acknowledge the two-clause BSD license. It’s so, so simple to follow it and the license gives a lot of freedom. Uunfortunately the author did not bother to give the slightest amount of acknolwedgement to the original creator(s). I would not recommend downloading this unless for whatever reason you do not have a choice in the matter.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD
Thisi is a great program. It is powerful and easy to use. It is also actually called Hex Fiend and it is open source. Google Hex Fiend. You will find it on ridicoulusfish’s website. Also for free. With his name on it. iHex is so shameless it even uses the same version number. I downloaded this before realizing what it was but it took two seconds to realize. Every single thing is the same as Hex Fiend. The only thing that changed is the name. That is it. Oh, and the fact that it is a rip off. Read the other reviews. Give this one star to help warn others away. And go supoport the real developer.
I hope Apple removes this from the store. This is piracy at its worst. Shameless.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.