***iHome Control now supports the 5 in 1 SmartMonitor. The SmartMonitor senses Temperature, Humidity Motion, Light and Sound. Receive real-time notifications about your home environment and set convenient automations with other HomeKit-compatible accessories.***
The iHome Control app is the perfect tool to control your iHome SmartPlugs and monitor your home with the iHome SmartMonitor from virtually anywhere in the world.*
Use the iHome Control SmartPlugs and app to control lamps, fans and more with your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. The app can also be used to setup notifications whenever the iHome SmartMonitor detects changes in motion, temperature, humidity, light or sound.
Designed to support iHome’s line of HomeKit-enabled SmartPlugs, the iHome Control app can:
• Easily add and configure iHome SmartPlugs and SmartMonitors on your network
• Create Home Automation rules to trigger iHome SmartPlugs based on specific triggers detected by the iHome SmartMonitor.
• Setup and Receive custom push notifications alerting you to environmental changes detected by the iHome SmartMonitor
• Control SmartPlugs on and off even when away from home
• Create Schedule-based rules to turn iHome SmartPlugs on or off automatically
• Group SmartPlugs into Rooms and Zones to control multiple plugs with a single command
• Control your HomeKit-enabled accessories with your voice using Siri directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. (e.g. simply tell Siri to “Turn my Kitchen Off” to turn off your Kitchen’s iHome SmartPlugs)**
iHome Control SmartPlug now works with Amazon Echo and Dot (Alexa), SmartThings, Wink and Nest Thermostats. For more information, please see "Third-Party Integrations" in the Settings section of the app.
* Requires internet access or cellular signal
** Controlling HomeKit-enabled accessories with Siri away from home requires an Apple TV (3rd generation or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later
Bug fixes when running on iOS 13
Ratings and Reviews
Current version of app doesn’t work in iOS 13
I am running the latest version of the iHome app on an iPhone 11 Pro Max. This versions release notes say iOS 13 bug fixes. Every time I launch the app it immediately crashes. The same happens on iPadOS. I have tried uninstalling the app many times and even that is problematic. The app icon disappears after the uninstall but reappears after I restart my phone. When the app does reappear on the phone it displays the white grid, icon placeholder and not the actual iHome icon. When I go to the App Store at that point it believes the app is still installed so it gives me the option to open the app instead of install the app.
I place a lot of the blame here on Apple and iOS 13. That’s why I’m giving a non functional app 3 stars instead of 1. What a let down iOS 13 and iPadOS have been so far.
Developer Response ,
We released a new update to correct the App from crashing with iOS 13.1.3 and 13.2
Please delete the iHome Control App and re-install.
1. Touch and hold your finger on the iHome Control icon until you see the second screen, a (x) next to iHome icon.
2. Tap the (X) to delete the iHome Control App.
3. Go to “App Store” and search for “iHome Control” and download to your device.
4. During the “iHome Control” installation, you must click OK to authorize the data and ALLOW notification settings. Otherwise, the App will not work properly.
5. Make sure “Location Service, Keychain, and iCloud Drive are turned ON as well).
If you need additional assistance, please contact our Support Team so we can obtain screenshots if you run into an error message. Phone: 1-800-288-2792. Mon – Fri from 8am – 10pm EST.
Looking forward to your updated review.
Perfect in every way, seriously.
I rarely write reviews but noticed this app is getting beat on for some reason, I’ve never had any issues. This product line and app are great! Love the products and love the app! Setup is a breeze too! Homekit integration works perfect and I can use Siri to turn on and off outlets. I have 10 iSP8’s in my house and 3 iSS50 environment monitors which are great for temperature and humidity rules. The rules work perfect and I truly never have any issues at all. Gets too hot or humid in the crawl space, no problem, the environment monitor triggers a rule and switches on an outlet that has a fan plugged into it - and notifies me via the app. Beautiful! Been using WiFi via UniFi access points or TimeCapsule with no issues, if you have issues make sure your signal is good and you have a good router. My only suggestion: Keep up the great work and roll out some cool new products I can buy! :)
It’s hard to separate the app from the instructions and the device itself.
I have set up 4 other brands with little effort.
I tried to set up the device following the prompts from the app. It never asked for the passcode and setup stalled.
I followed the alternate instructions of manually adding the device (which it did with no problem) and then adding from within the app and still no luck. I have done a hard reset after every attempt.
Finally I manually added device to network and used HomeKit to connect to device which it did with no problem. I went back to the app and got an error message but restarted app and device was there and could be controlled from both HomeKit and the app.
Unfortunately, less than 5 hours after install, I needed to unplug the device and plug back in because HomeKit could no longer connect to the device. There was no problem with any other smart home device.
I then tried to add to Alexa. There is absolutely nothing in the instructions or app about how to do this. Alexa could not find the devices.
Not sure if I will bother with not adding to Alexa (which I am trying to move away from for privacy concerns).
Overall I am not happy with device. It really should not be this hard to add a device. Ihomewas good enough to respond to my review, but only addressed adding to Alexa and telling me to call support. I am upping it to a 2 star based on ihome at least doing a follow up.
Developer Response ,
We sincerely apologize for the troubles you have had with the iHome Control App. In order to use the SmartPlugs with Alexa, you need to "enable the skill" through the Alexa App. We would be happy to assist you with this. Please contact us at 1-800-288-2792. Mon - Fri from 8am - 4pm EST.
Reference case # 434612
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- SDI Technologies
- 67.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © SDI Technologies, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.